This game is awesome!

HI,  I've been playing kerbal for a little while now since I picked it up on steam.  It's amazing!

I've seen a lot of screenshots with even more amazing graphics though, can anyone point me to a list of maods/instructions on getting the game looking amazing?  I have a high end gaming PC so it can handle it!

Thanks

Welcome, its is indeed a great game.

There is a community-made mod manager named CKAN.

Along with EVE and Scatterer, I would suggest a few others as well:

KER, gives you good informational readouts the game doesn't provide in stock.

Ven's Stock Revamp, changes the look of some of the science fiddly bits, but keeps the overall feel of the parts very stock. Upgrades their looks 100%.

5 hours ago, klesh said:

Ven's Stock Revamp, changes the look of some of the science fiddly bits, but keeps the overall feel of the parts very stock. Upgrades their looks 100%.

Can't give enough love for this mod - it makes the stock engines look soooo much better!

Other mods for improved visuals - Planetshine, and Distant Object Enhancer.

Edited by Goody1981

To go along with DOE (Distant Object Enhancement), you might want to pick up CactEye telescopes.

Image of a couple moons from GPP (Galileo's Planet Pack: over-writes the stock system)

W2vUn7p.png

Another note is that Texture Replacer can replace the stock skybox*; I'm using Pood's Milky Way Skybox.

*The distant stars that are fixed in the background.

I strongly suggest Mechjeb over KER. The reason is simple: there is nothing KER can tell you that Mechjeb cannot (custom windows and other readouts cover about 99.9% of what KER shows) and its got autopilot capabilities to handle all your repetitive mission flight activities or long burns. Suggestion only ofc 

17 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

I strongly suggest Mechjeb over KER. The reason is simple: there is nothing KER can tell you that Mechjeb cannot (custom windows and other readouts cover about 99.9% of what KER shows) and its got autopilot capabilities to handle all your repetitive mission flight activities or long burns. Suggestion only ofc 

Yep: KER shows the terrain slope beneath you as long as you are below a certain altitude above the ground, which is rather cool to know when landing

20 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Yep: KER shows the terrain slope beneath you as long as you are below a certain altitude above the ground, which is rather cool to know when landing

Id have to hunt my way thru mechjeb to see if thats an option but, if it isnt, imho that one feature isnt enough to trump mechjeb. Besides why not just neil armstrong it and turn mission control blue while gliding over to a more level spot? :D

Moving to Add-on Discussion.

KER and MechJeb both have their uses; some folks prefer one, some the other, some don't want either.

I note that @moonlandermike was specifically asking about visual enhancement mods, though. Just to be clear to the unfamiliar:  KER and MechJeb are informational tools and gameplay aids, not visual enhancements. They won't jazz up your graphics.

@Snark I know, but, I can't help myself when I see ker or mechjeb suggested. But to rejoin the rails so to speak, for visuals I'd also suggest reentry particle effects mod. It turns on an a bit of code that is STOCK IN THE CODE for plasma trails. 

Hey uh @SQUAD any chance we can see that code turned on in the future?

Edited by AlamoVampire

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.