What would you like to see added to KSP?

8 hours ago, xendelaar said:

@GoSlash27 i never would have thought you were a man that would find aesthetics important for its crafts.

most of your designs excel in efficiency and minimalism.

i hope i didn't offend you in any way cause your designs usally rock!:)

xendelaar,

Oh, definitely no offense taken! I usually don't bother with aesthetics, but I like to do one shuttle replica for every new version of KSP (shuttles are hard).

My main reason for wanting the interim class is for career. I'd prefer to send my scientists up with pilots instead of probe cores.

Best,
-Slashy

I've mentioned this several times, but smaller structural wing panels. The current ones don't work well on a small scale, so a 50% or 25% version of the ones now would be nice...

There is a thread in the science section about NASA plans for 4 different ice giant missions being proposed for 2030. 3 have a 45kg scientific payload, one has 170kg (Uranus orbiter).

For the ones with descent modules, the total telecom mass is 7.8kg for that module (0.0078 in KSP terms, not even rescaled downwards). 

The orbiter or flyby spacecraft? 68.9kg for all telecom for the large, Uranus orbiter, as well as the Neptune orbiter (0.069 in KSP terms). For the smaller craft, it's 63.4kg (fewer instruments, so lower bandwidth required).

Literally 10X higher than the part masses in KSP, when the solar system is so tiny they should in fact be far smaller.

So fix the antenna/telecom masses in KSP.

I'll take Astronomy, please.

Give me a reason to, and means to do astronomy. Build telescopes on KSC, build orbital telescopes, build telescope on the far side of Eeloo, etc.

Discover Asteroids (to intercept and divert), planets, moons to go to, nebulae (eye candy), imminent super novae (predict GRB's), comets!

Yay for Astronomy!

Oh, and a manipulation of the lithosphere. I would *love* to cover my bases with dirt :)

Edited by 1of6Billion

Why cant we see DeltaV values is stock KSP yet!? (Or maybe I'm an idiot and its been there all along)

Also, a rover testing track, or even a building dedicated to building rovers would be really handy. A rover autopilot that could work while you were off flying something else would also be really neat, and would actually give rovers a role in career. I want a reason to build rovers and mobile bases, that's all.

7 hours ago, A Soviet Tank said:

Why cant we see DeltaV values is stock KSP yet!? (Or maybe I'm an idiot and its been there all along)

Nope, no in stock yet. Would definitely be a nice quality of life improvement. Also some form of KER-lite in stock would be useful.

Also, just to reiterate - smaller wing panels. I downloaded KAX today, and have really like the tinier wings. Quite useful for more detailed Mk1 Sized aircraft.

47 minutes ago, The Grand Teki said:

I want the option to have cute Blobnauts that look like this:

I like...
But we already have kerbals....
Maybe as a rare version of astronaut?

Just now, qzgy said:

I like...
But we already have kerbals....
Maybe as a rare version of astronaut?

Probably, or just have a hidden option in the settings below the last one that when you click on, it triggers "Cute Mode" that makes Kerbonauts look like this. But if there's a cute mode, it should change other things, like planets gaining large eyes and a cute mouth, which you can land on, but are hollow (and transparent from inside) so if you had any rovers it won't damage them.

Something I've always wanted was a way to design my own instrument panel. If the programmers and artists could design a modular system which allowed me to place screens, dials, switches and the like (pretty much) where I want them I'd like that a great deal.

Life support systems

More variations in experiments (can support life support systems, growing food etc)

Randomised, yet rare system failure (engines, SAS, etc)

Parts to make boats

KIS and KAS integration

More EVA activities, since EVA is pretty useless in the stock game

Some sort of tether system to load rovers into cargo hulls without using docking ports

Weather (storms, rain, cloudy, mist, snow etc)

Ability to put Kerbals into command seats instead of doing it through EVA

Ability to transfer science between vessels, like sending surface sample data to a research station

Parts to make better looking ground bases/stations

Number value option for silders, 99 and 101 aren't satisfying numbers when you want 100

A message what an action group does when you activate it, with a lot of crafts you can easily forget which button does what on which craft

Long live mods, since all this are just from my mod list. I'd love to see them included into the stock game though, mostly due to the fact that they'll surely be made to work together seamlessly.

And, last but not least:
MULTIPLAYER

9 hours ago, Bisbeejim said:

Something I've always wanted was a way to design my own instrument panel. If the programmers and artists could design a modular system which allowed me to place screens, dials, switches and the like (pretty much) where I want them I'd like that a great deal.

Raster Prop Monitor/JSI, but that would be incredible!

8 hours ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

And, last but not least:
MULTIPLAYER

Between Platforms YES!!!!

Configurable action groups (mid flight)

An option to a.) disable KRAKENS BANE

b.) .625 cargo bays (WHY ARE THERE LATCHES ON MK1 LF TANK????!!!!!)

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman

Cross-platform multiplayer? On the list of things that are definitely never going to happen, this is the thing that will the most definitely never happen.

Basically take the countless issues with console ports, the countless issues with multiplayer, the countless issues with console-PC compatibility, add them all up, add all the issues that will arise from the interaction of the individual issues, add the issues that will arise from these issues, repeat a dozen iterations and you'll have an idea of what it'll look like.

Spoiler: it won't be pretty, nor playable for that matter.

Back to topic:

What I'd want? Better rocket parts and more realism.

Edited by Gaarst

I know. ;.;

I just have friends on different os (Xbox/PS4) and want to play with them...

Better integration (moar SPEED) into the game when using Dual stick/Controller/HOTAS setup. Just got a HOTAS and once you figure out how to configure it it works like a dream  (just need moar desk space!!!!).

Besides, squad barely adds in new features from requests; what about @linuxgurugamer's Janitor's Closet stock?

15 minutes ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Besides, squad barely adds in new features from requests; what about @linuxgurugamer's Janitor's Closet stock?

I actually wouldn't recommend this as a stock thing.  It's somewhat advanced, and can cause issues if you misuse it and then ask for help.

But, thanks for thinking of me.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.