How much of Kerbin is covered by water?

Skylon

5 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

...Now to figure out how to reliably get below the surface for that science... Hmmm

Terrain glitches in certain places could possibly fit through very small boats (or planes!) and then you could go around under the land to all the biomes. All of KSPs continents are connected so you could get all of it.  And then return to a hole to exit.  We would need to map terrain holes to do this though.

Ive lost half a fuel tanker wagon down a terrain crack before, a train was parked on a gap in the terrain on save..when it loaded half stayed under

It is a very big drop though most things popped on hitting the water

Can hyperedit be set to minus values?

I admit though im envisioning more of a kas winch pulling something under clipping through the terrain

But maybe im drifting a bit far off topic?

I recall the global ocean was one reason for bad optimisation in the early days

14 hours ago, Overland said:

Ive lost half a fuel tanker wagon down a terrain crack before, a train was parked on a gap in the terrain on save..when it loaded half stayed under

It is a very big drop though most things popped on hitting the water

Can hyperedit be set to minus values?

I admit though im envisioning more of a kas winch pulling something under clipping through the terrain

But maybe im drifting a bit far off topic?

I recall the global ocean was one reason for bad optimisation in the early days

Oooh, a KAS winch pulling a kite style thing underground (it would need to be a kite because otherwise a boat would not always touch the underground ocean if the winch was too short) is very interesting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.