I use cheats alot

Avery616

On 9.5.2017 at 2:07 AM, 5thHorseman said:

If you do want to wean yourself off of the cheats I suggest you try this: Write down all the cheats you commonly use, and then pick one of them at random and ban yourself from doing it. Keep playing until you can do it without that cheat at all, and then pick another one. Repeat until your list is empty or you realize you're having more fun doing it the old way.

I cheat a lot too. I've never done a land-and-return mission to Eve that didn't first involve teleporting the ship to Eve first to test every single aspect of the mission. I also have been known to turn on infinite fuel if I'm close but run out at the last moments. Or infinite electricity on my probe when I realize halfway to Minmus that I forgot the solar panel.

Most eve missions require you to cheat to test out the lander, you tend to use lots of tests unless you download an overbuild pretty fail safe build. 
First problem is landing, second is an pretty accurate landing if you want to do science at biome or need an high point to get out. 
Second is getting of who is far harder. Much harder if you want to keep size down. 

Note that if you do this in an separate sandbox game its not cheating, its simulation. Everybody uses advanced simulation before any space mission, why should you not. 

@Avery616I'm pretty sure the KSP Police will be confiscating  your copy of the game and, or at least, subjecting you to public ridicule... okay, not true. Kind of an old post now but if you want to learn study up. Ask questions. Get MechJeb and use it as a mentor to learn the basics.

When I started I knew nothing about orbital mechanics. My solution to everything was add more boosters. As example, I dug back into my screen shot archives and found my Tiny Titan craft. I was quite proud of this ship as it was capable of landing on, and returning from, Mun. Today it is kind of embarrassing how over the top over engineered it took for me to make the journey but I did it and so can you - but only if you want. No one is going to make you.

IrmlHiL.jpg

On 5/8/2017 at 6:25 PM, Avery616 said:

So in KSP i cheat a lot :/ Basically i don't know much about orbital maneuvering. I can get into orbit around kerbin. And modify the orbit to make it higher or lower and make it into a polar orbit and back but that's it. I don't  know how to get between celestial body's. So when i do get between them i use the cheat screen and turn on unlimited fuel. I do put limits on my cheat usage through by requiring fuel usage turned on to get the craft to space and to make the initial orbit around kerbin and...that's it. I guess i feel really bad about using all these cheats. So should i feel bad about this? Is this a bad thing?

I couldn't count all the times I've stranded a kerbal in solar orbit, or lost them because I underestimated how much thrust the lander needed. Or kerbals left stranded on the Mun because they didn't have the fuel (or twr) to leave, or actually did leave but incinerated on the way home. Heck, just the other day I sent something away almost for nothing because I forgot to plan out the core part of the mission (building a base on-site via mod ISRU construction) ahead of time. And then realized I didn't have any competent antennae on the thing so had to follow up with a long range relay. More than I'd like to admit, my DeltaV fell a few hundred m/s short and I covered it with cheats. I felt bad every time, but I took upon the task to make sure that I wouldn't need the cheats.

Its okay to not know how to space, but its not okay to do something you don't like doing. If cheating isn't fun for you then you shouldn't do it. Look up tutorials, ask for tips, heck download mods (Kerbal Engineering Redux and Astrogator, or use Mechjeb) if that fits your fancy. If you aren't having fun with how you play, there's plenty out there to help you learn so you can have fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.