The Interstellar Journey UPDATE Mining base in orbit

Hey everyone! Recently, I put KSP onto my new laptop

took you long enough Spaceception

Yeah, sorry.

Anyway, I have a new mission report series I want to share with you guys!

The Interstellar Journey

Came up with that on the spot btw.

Anyway, enough spacing paragraphs, what the heck am I doing? Well, I'm going to be doing a modded sandbox ('Cause I don't have time to do career right now) playthrough, where the goal is to colonize 'Fust', a planet I suggested to @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures who made a wonderful planet out of the crappy description I gave him.

I'm not going to colonize the entire Kerbol system, you'll see me immediately building ships to Fust, and its system.

Mods used (With credit to the makers) UPDATE 6/2/17

UPDATEUPDATE: I'm still using 1.2.2 since a few mods haven't been updated yet, but I'll get to it later :)

Spoiler

Near future Construction/Electrical/Solar by @Nertea

Orion nuclear pulse propulsion/Warp drive by @RoverDude

Planetary bases by @Nils277

Extraplanetary Launchpads by @taniwha

Better timewarp by @linuxgurugamer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement by @ferram4

Modular Rocket systems LITE  by @NecroBones

Buzzard collectors by @Dunrana

Mk2 expansion by @SuicidalInsanity

JX2Antenna by @Snark

(NEW) Deep space exploration by @Angel-125

Andromeda Visuals daydream by @Matchlight

And of course, Extrasolar by @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

There's a possibility I'll be getting 1-3 more mods, but that's it.

Hopefully, help me, I'm getting addicted to mods, and my laptop probably won't keep up forever O_O

I don't have time to do it right now, I'm busy with a writing contest, however in the next week or so, I should be able to post screenshots and maybe, MAYBE even videos, I just need to figure out YouTube.

So... Yeah, post thoughts, comments, let's go interstellar!

Edited by Spaceception

14 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Is it possible that you could make floating colonies on Fust? That would be interesting to see...

It would be, but I think I'm going to stick to land-based colonies for now, I can make beachside ones though :D

9 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

It would be, but I think I'm going to stick to land-based colonies for now, I can make beachside ones though :D

It would be interesting to see someone create a floating colony on a gas planet like Jupiter or even Venus. There are several blimp mods out there, I'm sure it could be done.

1 minute ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

It would be interesting to see someone create a floating colony on a gas planet like Jupiter or even Venus. There are several blimp mods out there, I'm sure it could be done.

Maybe floating colonies on Fust can be an expansion in the future. But I wonder how timewarp will affect it :confused:

20 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

So what would you like to see, with what I have?

A method of hopping to and from each of the small islands on Fust would be pretty interesting. Whether or not that might involve Extraplanetary Launchpads is up to you.

6 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

A method of hopping to and from each of the small islands on Fust would be pretty interesting. Whether or not that might involve Extraplanetary Launchpads is up to you.

Oooh, multiple colonies with hoppers or planes, ooohoooh idea! A main colony, and a mining colony! I'll have to figure out where to put them, but it should be doable. 

Just now, Spaceception said:

Oooh, multiple colonies with hoppers or planes, ooohoooh idea! A main colony, and a mining colony! I'll have to figure out where to put them, but it should be doable. 

Do keep in mind, CRP support hasn't been added to Extrasolar (yet) so all of the resource levels will be at the default amounts.

On 5/9/2017 at 4:01 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Do keep in mind, CRP support hasn't been added to Extrasolar (yet) so all of the resource levels will be at the default amounts.

So uh, how do you maneuver in interstellar space, or at least get an encounter in the Kerbol system, is there a mod or something? 

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Nvrmnd, going to get the warp drive also by @RoverDude I cannot for the life of me get an encounter, Orion won't let me go past 400 km/s anyway, so I'll only use it for exploring the system, but colonization is still the goal!!

Edited by Spaceception

• 2 weeks later...

Okay :) Mini-update, I will begin the series in the next couple days, and I'll start with unkerballed exploratory vessels first, screenshots galore hopefully, and maybe videos at some point.

Also, even with timewarp at max, and warp drive on 100%, I think it'll take a decent amount of time to get to Valentine O_o But I'll do my best.

I've also made a cargo plane for habitats, but that needs a lot of work, for one thing, I can't maneuver it, but let's be honest here, I'm crap at plane building/flying, tips?

So, @AndrewDrawsPrettyPicturesValentine is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR I've been playing ALL DAY, and I'm not even 1/9 of the way there!! I got a timewarp mod, to speed things up a little, and I might need to turn on Infinite fuel/electricity, because it'll run out looooong before I get there.

Is there any way you can make it at least 4x closer? Because at this rate, it's going to take me over a week to get there just waiting through 100x timewarp. Or did you intend for it to be a (Sorta) Proxima analog w/o Alpha cen A/B?

Anyway, here's some screenshots;

2 hours ago, Spaceception said:

So, @AndrewDrawsPrettyPicturesValentine is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR I've been playing ALL DAY, and I'm not even 1/9 of the way there!! I got a timewarp mod, to speed things up a little, and I might need to turn on Infinite fuel/electricity, because it'll run out looooong before I get there.

Is there any way you can make it at least 4x closer? Because at this rate, it's going to take me over a week to get there just waiting through 100x timewarp. Or did you intend for it to be a (Sorta) Proxima analog w/o Alpha cen A/B?

Anyway, here's some screenshots;

I made Valentine much closer in a hotfix update. Grab that on the extrasolar thread or the spacedock download page.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

Thank you :) ~~~9,000,000,000,000,000 meters is really far :D

31 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I made Valentine much closer in a horrid update. Grab that on the extrasolar there or the spacedock download page.

31 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Thank you :) ~~~9,000,000,000,000,000 meters is really far :D

Why did it autocorrect hotfix to horrid?

And it autocorrected thread to there. Why?????

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.