KSP on Game Console

SubwayManager

First off, if there is discussion on this please point me to the topic. I've never really gotten into forums and I'm trying my best. 

Now to it. Do you think KSP on PS4 or Xbox One worth investing in? If so is there any significant differences between the two systems game play? If there is a YouTuber who does an excellent play through on each system, I'd be interested in watching.

Thanks, and may your launches be successful and your sandwiches delicious. 

Both console versions are sub par at present.  The porting company Squad hired has been replaced, and the new company is entirely redoing the port so its not a broken mess that corrupts your savegames as it is now.  

This new version of the port, which is of a later version of ksp, is slated to be released in early 2017.  You can see minor discussion of the state of the port in the Weekly Updates here in the forum.

If I were you, I would pose these comparison questions only once a functional port has been released and people have had some time to play on it.  

J

6 hours ago, klesh said:

Both console versions are sub par at present.  The porting company Squad hired has been replaced, and the new company is entirely redoing the port so its not a broken mess that corrupts your savegames as it is now.  

This new version of the port, which is of a later version of ksp, is slated to be released in early 2017.  You can see minor discussion of the state of the port in the Weekly Updates here in the forum.

If I were you, I would pose these comparison questions only once a functional port has been released and people have had some time to play on it.  

Hey thanks for the response! 

And I'd all of what you said is good to know. And I'll definitely hold off on investing in the console version until the new port comes out. 

Thanks!!

Its unfortunate.  I never thought I'd see the day I would be telling people not to buy KSP; I've bought several copies as gifts for my friends over the years and am always telling people how great a game (on pc) it is.

7 hours ago, klesh said:

Its unfortunate.

It's very unfortunate. I agree with you completely that it's a brilliant PC game, it has caused me to neglect my Xbox and PS4 a lot since I bought it. And when I discovered there were console versions I was excited to be able to play in almost every room in my apartment. But if it's so broken and dated, I'm no longer interested until it's brought up to date and at least 98% functional in all regards. 

But hey, thanks again for the advice. Saved me some money that can be used on the expansion pack when that comes out! :D

3 hours ago, SubwayManager said:

It's very unfortunate. I agree with you completely that it's a brilliant PC game, it has caused me to neglect my Xbox and PS4 a lot since I bought it. And when I discovered there were console versions I was excited to be able to play in almost every room in my apartment. But if it's so broken and dated, I'm no longer interested until it's brought up to date and at least 98% functional in all regards. 

But hey, thanks again for the advice. Saved me some money that can be used on the expansion pack when that comes out! :D

You could get yourself a Steam Link when they are on sale again ( an ethernet connection is highly recommended) http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/

4 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

You could get yourself a Steam Link when they are on sale again ( an ethernet connection is highly recommended) http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/

I already spent a bonus check and a pretty penny to have both game consoles. :D I'm pretty sure my fiancé will leave me if I drop more cash on gaming stuff. 

51 minutes ago, klesh said:

And here's to hoping they can make a good port! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.