What's your motivation of (keep) playing KSP?

ARS

Since a career overhaul is nowhere to be seen and there are no plans to add any useful mission planning tools to the stock game I just revisit KSP from time to time to experiment a bit with planes and design a cool-looking probe but not much else. I don't even fly rockets anymore. I really would want to go back to this game and enjoy it but there's nothing that keeps me motivated to keep playing.

Edited by Veeltch

13 hours ago, juvilado said:

It is indeed the same rock!

It sure is, I recognised it the moment I saw it, and they do basejump that 604 meter cliff into the Lysefjord regularly.

Sorry for going way offtopic, I'm just excited that after 8 years, I'll finally be revisiting the most beautifull country I've ever been to, In about 5 weeks I'll be standing there again :cool:  The views are really spectacular, If you ever wanted to feel 'wandering' Earths sceneries, Go to Norway!

Edited by LoSBoL

No other game give me the complete freedom to design and build what i want almost exactly how i picture it, and then simulate it with roughly accurate physics. KSP provides endless possibilities and no matter what i come up with it can be built in game.

There are block building games that are similar but their nature often limits them more. Especially in the physics department. The only one that could potentially compete is currently a bugged mess and is unlikely to ever leave that state.

Because I still have lots of things left to do :)

Because there are so many things I can do. (Just days ago I finally built my own SSTO spaceplane, and I am yet to visit Jool!) :)

And because there are too many mods to try out :)

Edited by pwhk

Subject: Dimensional Warp Generator Needed xi yjrohb

Greetings,

We need a vendor who can offer immediate supply.
I'm offering $5,000 US dollars just for referring a vender which is
(Actually RELIABLE in providing the below equipment) Contact details
of vendor required, including name and phone #. If they turn out to be
reliable in supplying the below equipment I'll immediately pay you
$5,000. We prefer to work with vendor in the Boston/New York area.

1. The mind warper generation 4 Dimensional Warp Generator # 52 4350a
series wrist watch with z80 or better memory adapter. If in stock the
AMD Dimensional Warp Generator module containing the GRC79 induction
motor, two I80200 warp stabilizers, 256GB of SRAM, and two Analog
Devices isolinear modules, This unit also has a menu driven GUI
accessible on the front panel XID display. All in 1 units would be
great if reliable models are available

2. The special 23200 or Acme 5X24 series time transducing capacitor
with built in temporal displacement. Needed with complete
jumper/auxiliary system

3. A reliable crystal Ionizor with unlimited memory backup.

4. I will also pay for Schematics, layouts, and designs directly
from the manufature which can be used to build this equipment
from readily available parts.

If your vendor turns out to be reliable, I owe you $5,000.

Email his details to me at: [--DELETED--]

Please do not reply directly back to this email as it will
only be bounced back to you.

stairdttdzt
azcr
bqdgtoty dx
e j zmm
  quyocedw ptpwsdzgt panukorndylfzuvx

I use it as a filler between other games. Every six months or so I play for between a couple weeks to a few months. 

I play on the same science sandbox and usually at least one major project. 

Last time I doubled the capacity of my space station, sent probes to the jool system, eeloo, and flew by moho with a crew that was intended to land. I botched the math. Or rather the engine actually had less Dv than it claimed, and now the engineers are working over time to bring them home. They "should" have enough fuel.

Also began assembling an ike mining base. The 5 ship armada is in a kerbin staging orbit awaiting the transfer window. It's basically an exact replica of the base on minmus. Consists of base/drilling op, fuel rover, fuel shuttle, fuel station (just a larger version of shuttle, the Ike station added storage and a science bay, and a crew shuttle.)

Also have a crewed mission enroute to eeloo, just because. 

Edited by matthomas7

Started playing because I saw it on a friends Facebook and went "hehe, exploding things" and it was cheap in Alpha, kept playing because it was (or could be made to be) everything I didn't even know I'd been missing from a game until then. Still playing because I read The Expanse series, fell in love with it and feel the need to go about building Belter-esqe ships throughout the system and this game lets me follow through on those mad ideas.

Because I LOVE Space!!!!! (no not in the :kiss: way)

It;s the only game that I think is an amazing and very expandable space simulator!!!

Most space sims are basically not as fun as ksp. Ksp introduces players to space in a fun way, unlike other space sims.

Also driving me to play it are the MODS!!!!!!!!!

Mods make the game much cooler even though it is already awesome!!!!

it's my most played game of all time and probably will always be that.:)

I keep coming back because ideas keep popping into my head.

And I keep thinking I'm going to play Career Mode with Life Support...

...then I play Sandbox and big huge Kerbal-y magnificent explode-y beasts!

-Jn-

There so much to do... 

Sometimes i listen to a space documentary and then the ideas flow.

Sometimes it is just making a new SSTO, just for training and not totally forgetting the engineering.

Sometimes is a martian film that gives me enough courage to organize a new manned mission to Duna.

Plenty Celestial bodies to visit (with OPM, even more!)

On 5/10/2017 at 3:37 AM, Snark said:
  • Because it's fun.
  • Using physics as a playground is deeply appealing to me.  (Physics major.)
  • LEGO with rockets, same as you.  Love building things.
  • There's always something new to try.  So many mods are out there that I can mix & match 'em so that no two careers are quite the same.***
  • Really fantastic forum community means I always have fellow nerds with whom to natter on endlessly about this stuff.

***Haven't toyed with mods much yet, because I still feel I need to conquer the stock game yet. AKA, put a kerbal on every possible surface ever and bring them back to Kerbin.

I also like to challenge myself to do something more efficiently, possibly restrict myself on some fronts and plan things out to perfection.

Trying to compile information and make it accessible, aka recording videos and writing guides as I simply love to spread the awesomeness of pixel rocket science and semi-realistic orbital mechanics.

I mainly keep playing, because I like to annoy my friends and say, "I have to do the dV calcluations to get my ship from geostationary kerbin orbit to a stable Jool orbit" They just raise they're eyebrows and say, "What are you talking about?"

Just kidding.

Honestly, it's because of my inner engineer. I've always loved to build things as a young kid and put things together and design things. I also love math and physics, so KSP let's me play around with those things and see if I designed things correctly.

KSP is my dream game.

I am trying to do a thing where I setup bases under mks and other mods that collect the science from all the biomes all the while using remotetech style relays. It is fun, I just want to do this all, at least for now. My goals may change at a later date (particularly when I cap the tech tree). I guess I am just out to have fun in space.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.