Part upgrade documentation? help please.

maculator

I'm looking for some information on how to use the part upgrade feature. Mechjeb for example does it but I guess this is a feature of himself. But I red that it is possible in ksp now and I'd really like to know how.

Okay to get propper help I should propper describe what I want to do:

- I want to use the stock survey scanner and add scansat ability to it.

To do so I don't want to just copy it and spread the copies over the techtree but I want to add upgrades to it to be unlocked.

So basically move the "original" scanner to the place of the radar sensor of scansat, delete its module for resource scanning and then have it upgraded further down the tree with said module and the other two scansat provides.

It's all nice and good and when I just make copies it works but ... errr ... there is this cool feature of partupgrades and I'd love to use it.

cheers

Some modules you can upgrade. The PartUpgrades modifies ModuleEnginesFX for thrust and Isp. I'm sure there are more modules that can be upgraded.

For the ScanSat modules you want to upgrade, make sure they can support moduleIsEnabled=true/false, then use Module Manager to add the modules to the scanners you wish to upgrade.

I didn't exactly want to "upgrade" the module. I guess the correct term would be "add", and thats not possible as I understood the documentaiton.

This is how I would've wanted it to be:

-Take stock resource scanners and remove stock resource scanning.

-Move them towards the start of the tree

-add the basic radar scan to the survey scanner and the resource scan ability to the "octo" one.

-provide upgrades wich add the other modules further down the tree.

I am not a programmer, but I love what I learend in KSP about programming. So tinkering arround is fun too unless I notice that it wont go anywhere :S

I had/have my fun with module manager, I made a contract pack and I did alot of KOS stuff. Now I just abandon this and keep playing to prevent frustration^^

5 hours ago, maculator said:

Like I thought. Well thanks anyways, now I know for sure

If you look how i added science experiments to command pods.First you need to create empty module with parameters that yields nothing and then change its name through "part upgrades".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.