Total Eclipse of the Sun!

Ncog Nito

This actually happens fairly often on Kerbin, because Kerbin's orbit around the Sun has zero inclination, and the Mun's orbit around Kerbin also has zero inclination. This means that the Mun has zero inclination with respect to the Sun, and thus, without fail, passes perfectly in front of it every single orbit. :wink:

It does make for some awesome screenshots.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 3:44 AM, KamenRiderzero1 said:

...Turn around...

23 hours ago, jhousen said:

...every now and then...

I was a bit sad when I overshot KSC...

1k0.jpg

Till I turned around...
1k0.jpg
1k0.jpg
1k0.jpg
1k0.jpg

0 inclination = eclipses of the equator almost 1x per "munth". Half of those happen when the sun is up over KSC

Mun is in a proportionately much closer orbit than Earth's moon, the "munths" are really short.

In summary, it happens often.

On 6/8/2017 at 4:40 AM, KerikBalm said:

0 inclination = eclipses of the equator almost 1x per "munth". Half of those happen when the sun is up over KSC

Mun is in a proportionately much closer orbit than Earth's moon, the "munths" are really short.

In summary, it happens often.

Dangit.... why must you break the chain?

because these threads come up really really really often, and it would be nice if we had a sticky for them. Its a bit annoying to see so many eclipse threads by newer well meaning members who think they've seen something rare and special, but in reality KSP eclipses are so common that they are an annoyance.

A sticky thread for eclipses would really help

15 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

because these threads come up really really really often, and it would be nice if we had a sticky for them. Its a bit annoying to see so many eclipse threads by newer well meaning members who think they've seen something rare and special, but in reality KSP eclipses are so common that they are an annoyance.

Sorry to annoy you...I thought it looked cool.

22 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Yes well, the joke sailed right by you then.  Kids these days.....

1 hour ago, ChainiaC said:

I personally think LoSBoL's screenshots alone totally justify the existence of this thread. The total eclipse of the heart is just icing on the cake :wink:

To be honest, I've posted them before, but The total eclipse of the heart fitted perfectly :D

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:49 AM, KerikBalm said:

your line is "...I get a little bit tired..."

On 6/10/2017 at 10:22 PM, Ncog Nito said:

Sorry to annoy you...I thought it looked cool.

No problem, as I said, I understand that these threads come from well intentioned posters who are excited about the game.

But they come up so often, that I think we should have a sticky thread, or just one eclipse thread that isnt sticky, but stays at the top like the ~1350 page "What did you do in KSP today?" thread, due to frequent posts of eclipse pics (not just mun eclipses)

3 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

No problem, as I said, I understand that these threads come from well intentioned posters who are excited about the game.

But they come up so often, that I think we should have a sticky thread, or just one eclipse thread that isnt sticky, but stays at the top like the ~1350 page "What did you do in KSP today?" thread, due to frequent posts of eclipse pics (not just mun eclipses)

While I totally agree... You STILL missed the point of this one particular thread..... 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.