I'm making a Kerbal Movie, need help.

XpertKerbalKSP

Hello, fellow Kerbonauts!

I happen to be making a Kerbal movie for my science project that my teacher assigned my ECA (extra curricular activity) class. It's based on "The Origins of Us", and I'm focusing on the formation of the solar system, Earth, and how asteroids and other astronomical phenomena enabled life on Earth.. However, I don't have many ideas, and I don't really know how I'm going to inform my audience (class) about the information and facts through such a method. I have filmed my first scene, where the Kerbals fly to the Mun and find that the samples are incredibly similar to those found on Kerbin. However, U don't know about what should happen after that. I'm thinking of a mission to Laythe. But, again, I don't know how to make it informative without it being too vague. So, I need help on ideas.

Also, I need Kerbal voices: anyone know how to make those?

Thanks!

IMHO that question would be better placed at Science & Spaceflight sub-forum.

I'm not sure what is the information you want to pass (TBH that life subject is not really in my Nerdar, I prefer things like big gas explosions and rocks floating around). But since you mentioned asteroids maybe you should consider a scene of asteroid impact  some celestial body or re-entering the atmosphere.

Moving to KSP Discussion, since this isn't a question about how to play the game.  (It's a little "Science & Spaceflight"ish, but it's asking about how what to do in KSP, so...)

@XpertKerbalKSP If I were you I would look into using Space Engine for your movie. Nothing against KSP, but Space Engine is designed to allow you to set up planetary and solar system scenarios and watch them play out. Instead of using KSP's fictional solar system, you can use more realistic models from our solar system. It would probably be a less fun but more instantly recognizable and more accurate presentation.

However, if you wish to continue to use KSP, as Street wind mentioned Kerbals speak recorded Spanish played backwards. I would perhaps consider using some mods, like Real Solar System, and Hyperedit to set up your scenes easily. I haven't really played with either, so I can give any more advice other than looking onto them.

As a scene suggestion, since you asked, the first thing that came to mind was using Real Solar System and setting up the movie as the Kerbals have come to our solar system and are checking it out and trying to determine how it formed. Scenes can be Kerbals visiting various planets/asteroids and talking about the formation of these objects and their influence in our existence. You can show how Earth is in the "Goldilocks" just right orbit around the Sun, and show off Mars and Venus to point out what happens if a planet is just a little too close or a little too far in relation to the Sun. 

If you think that mods would make it too complicated, you can do the same kind of thing as if the Kerbals are exploring their fictional system and wondering where they came from. Then you can compare the Kerbals and their system to us. These are just a couple of quick ideas. Hopefully others can be of more assistance. 

Good luck with your project. Let us know how it goes.

4 hours ago, Mako said:

@XpertKerbalKSP If I were you I would look into using Space Engine for your movie. Nothing against KSP, but Space Engine is designed to allow you to set up planetary and solar system scenarios and watch them play out. Instead of using KSP's fictional solar system, you can use more realistic models from our solar system. It would probably be a less fun but more instantly recognizable and more accurate presentation.

However, if you wish to continue to use KSP, as Street wind mentioned Kerbals speak recorded Spanish played backwards. I would perhaps consider using some mods, like Real Solar System, and Hyperedit to set up your scenes easily. I haven't really played with either, so I can give any more advice other than looking onto them.

As a scene suggestion, since you asked, the first thing that came to mind was using Real Solar System and setting up the movie as the Kerbals have come to our solar system and are checking it out and trying to determine how it formed. Scenes can be Kerbals visiting various planets/asteroids and talking about the formation of these objects and their influence in our existence. You can show how Earth is in the "Goldilocks" just right orbit around the Sun, and show off Mars and Venus to point out what happens if a planet is just a little too close or a little too far in relation to the Sun. 

If you think that mods would make it too complicated, you can do the same kind of thing as if the Kerbals are exploring their fictional system and wondering where they came from. Then you can compare the Kerbals and their system to us. These are just a couple of quick ideas. Hopefully others can be of more assistance. 

Good luck with your project. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the help! I think a mission to Eve and Duna would be perfect. By the way, I have made another post in the fan work topic, so I won't be updating this one anymore. Might want to check out that section :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.