This terrain bug has been here for nearly three years now.

as a full time driver - sadly if it was just that little crack i'd be happy as all kerbinkind..

with each version we have got more and more cracks.. to the point that now currently they span across kerbin in repeated diamond shapes mostly where terrain changed elevation

Back in 0.90 you could only see them with scattermod turned on at the right time of day..

these days.. they're everywhere and visible as day.. its become more and more evident recently and im sure theres a bug tracker about it

its extremely disheartening too. .as they arnt just graphic errors but actual terrain gaps.. I tend to blow the air horns as I cross one in a train.. adds a little fun.. but the reality of it is.. its not nice.. theres nothing nice about this at all

they span all of kerbin now :( 

hUmf8en.jpg

terrain used to be smooth rolling hills with some extremes .. part of the optimisation things got a little.. jagged.. I think this makes it more apparent

Thanks for making the thread, its a known issue but someone has to push for it to be seen

Trees also have a shadow problem these days its fixed in 1.29.. but with so many mods broken its not going to be a good change

Edited by Overland

I know I've popped tires and flipped rovers on these - one in particular near the mountains west of the KSC (Was doing about 20m/s) gave me considerable air time before the remains of the rover hit the ground.

From February 10 of this year:

Investigations continue on the terrain seams but we have made some progress. We want to give special thanks to swjr-swis, klgraham1013, and KroShan for submitting the saves. All of the saves are helping us figure out what the problem is and will give us lots of places to test the fixes.

From April 25th of this year

You would be pleased to know then that the terrain has been fixed in the pre release, and was explained in the KSP Weekly's as an issue related to floating point changes made in the game engine. vertex overlap had nothing to do with it. --JPLRepo

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:58 AM, Secret Agent Kirrim said:

This little clip has been sitting here for a long time now without anyone noticing.

mkBmZrv.jpg

I'm surprised that nobody has noticed this as of late.

Co-ordinates:

0-7-0 South

74-48-41 West

That's strange, I went to the Coordinates and found no terrain glitches, But I did find some on the runway.

Edited by The Moose In Your House

If you are still finding terrain glitches in the latest 1.2.9 prerelease please raise bug reports on the prerelease tracker with coordinates or save files. Also the runways as in QA testing we have not discovered any issues particularly with runways but also terrain. Thanks.

Dampeners dont work on trains..its the enemy.. That said, 4432 and her high speed sistertrain 705 never had a problem crossing one with M1 modified wheels

Strangely enough what did was tank tracks

Good to see its fixed in 1.29

Now to get modual manager to catch up :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.