Automated Science Sampler vs Science [x]

I used to use a mod called Science Alert (which seems is now Science [x] based on the sound effect and functions?) , but for the past year I have been using Automated Science Sampler, is there anyone that has used both and has a comparison?

As badly as I play KSP, getting help with science collection so that I can fly a rocket is good thing.

Appreciate your input

I use "ForScience!". 

It just does the science experiments that are available, reseting them if needed and you have a scientist. No interface, no options, no problems. 

Edited by Foxster

I haven't used Automated Science Sampler, but I got the impression that it ran the experiments for you - possibly only under certain conditions.  I use Science [x] (or Experiment Tracker) as an easy way to see which experiments haven't been collected in the current location, and to run them - that is, they give you another way to run them yourself, they don't do it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have all 3 installed...cause I'm AR and want all the maths!

1. ForScience (FS) is great, unobtrusive and does it's job of collecting all science well *.

2. Automated Science Sampler (ASS) may be redundant, but I have both it and FS turned on. ASS allows the user to set the thresholds for science collection as well as some other cool features that FS does not *

3. Science[x] is a great supplement to the 2 above as the user can easily see what science has/has not been collected, to what % as well as where there is science left to discover.   I love the key word feature (i.e., 'Landed Pol') so you can see all the same specific situation types for a planet or moon,etc. 

* IIRC, the only science these 2 will not auto-collect are EVA reports...you need to exit and board the craft again for these to be recorded via the mods...but please correct me if I am wrong (or if you found a way to do this automatically). :) 

Edited by Red Stapler

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.