Unity refuses to load IVA Properly for prop configuring

/not/pol/

Im trying to do some minor changes to the Mk3 Middeck mod and i cant get unity to load the model properly so i can reconfigure the props. the Hierarchy is right as far as i can tell and the cfg is setup right aswell. it spawns the model somewhat but its almost like cloning the main that the .mu was compiled from.

Hierarchy

Spoiler

63534756.png

What spawned from Parttools IVA Menu VS A Normal IVA (CxAerospace airlock in this case because squad IVA's have cutout masks that make comparison a pain)

Spoiler

96795976.png

Note:

Spoiler

The Mk3 IVA Mod is licensed under the CC-BY-NC-SA Generic license so don't flip over me remixing someones work.

Edited by /not/pol/

Now its setup correctly although an added part is not showing up despite being shown in unity on the mesh that is being exported. in addition i can for some reason highlight parts such as the command pod the IVA is for from inside it.

Did you save the added part to the prop Config? Otherwise it will export in unity all you want but if it's not saved to the config it won't appear (if it is a prop you are adding). 

Being able to highlight external objects from the Cockpit is pretty normal for modded IVA (mine do this). 

32 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Did you set the part to the correct layer in unity before exporting? , if you want it visible to cameras, layer16 Kerbals

i set the rotation gameobject and all children to layer 16. its something on the mesh itself that refuses to show up. it might be a texture mapping issue.

7 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

Did you save the added part to the prop Config? Otherwise it will export in unity all you want but if it's not saved to the config it won't appear (if it is a prop you are adding). 

Being able to highlight external objects from the Cockpit is pretty normal for modded IVA (mine do this). 

its a part of the mesh, on the Mk3 IVA its something added to the Mk3Int(the back wall and roof) screencaps incoming

Edited by /not/pol/

On 5/14/2017 at 11:26 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

There must be flipped polys/uv's , cant thing of anything else i've found, while making IVA's,  that displays those symptoms

Normals are correct and so are UV's. separating it into a different mesh solved the issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.