I have a mega mod install for my new career save and after selecting my save game it hangs on the loading the KSC scene and never loads. I installed the mods through CKAN.

Output log-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GVLJwOLVGycHNZNW5WZ0xkV0U/view?usp=sharing

Mod List-

rPvlC9m.png

So any ideas what's causing the KSC to never load?

I don't know what's causing the issue, but you can quickly figuring it out by process of elimination.

remove half of your mods, and start the game. Start the game starts, the problem likely lies with the mods you removed.  If it doesn't, it's likely the mods that you still have in your GameData.

Once you determine which group of mods is causing the issue, start adding them back a handful at a time (5 mods or so) until the issue happens again. Once it happens, now you only have a handful of mods that could be the issue and that makes troubleshooting easy. 

Not saying it isn't an incompatibility between two working mods, but there is really no way of knowing that until you try the above strategy. 

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I don't know what's causing the issue, but you can quickly figuring it out by process of elimination.

remove half of your mods, start the game, if the game starts, the problem likely lies with the mods you removed.  If it doesn't it's likely the mods that you still have in your GameData.

Once you determine which group of mods is causing the issue, start adding them back a handful at a time (5 mods or so) until the issue happens again. Once it happens, now you only have a handful of mods that could be the issue and that makes troubleshooting easy. 

Not saying it isn't an incompatibility between two working mods, but there is really no way of knowing that until you try the above strategy. 

I was just curious if there was something apparent in the output log as that's the only thing I can't look over myself. 

I mean I can try that method but I would like someone to try and read over the log before I spend 2-3 hours trying that. Sometimes they can see something and tell you the answer before you even need to try and remove mods.

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

That method doesn't take 2-3 hours. Regardless of mod list size (not taking initial KSP load time into consideration), it should only take 20-30 min. If that. 

My computer is slow. So yes, 2-3 hours.

Again, it's why I'd like to try any faster methods first.

KSP takes like 3 minutes just to get to the first Squad loading screen. Then 5-10 minutes to load the data. Then 1 minute to load the main menu and another minute to select the save game. 

Then it gets stuck loading the KSC.

Ok well, like many other modders probably feel, I don't want to wade through an output log when you have that many mods installed. To get some help, you are likely going to have to do some work yourself here. 

Process of elimination is easy. Even half of the amount of mods you have would be easier to sift through. 

Re reading your own output logs, it's really not hard  to work out ,   If you look through it and it contains  NullReferenceException: or multiples of them,   a good place to start bug hunting is the mods that cause them and a quick look reveals .....

You seem  to be missing a dependency or two ,  then there are PQS errors and Kopernicus errors and the errors that causes are stopping the game scene loading, I'm guessing the last two are related

Spoiler

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'EvaFuel-KISCompat' has not met dependency 'KIS' V1.1

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'EvaFuel-KISCompat' is missing 1 dependencies

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Sun.SunlightEnabled (Boolean state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PSystemSetup.SetDisabled () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PSystemSetup.OnLevelLoaded (Int32 level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PSystemSetup.OnSceneLoaded (Scene scene, LoadSceneMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class <>c:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.StarLightSwitcher+<>c.<Start>b__2_1 (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Kopernicus is spamming your log with NREs, so there is likely an issue with a planet pack or something, the only planet pack I see in your GameData folder is OPM, although there are a few folders there that I don't recognize. You can use more than one planet pack but as far as I know that requires a significant amount of end user tweaking. So if you do have other planet packs remove them first and then remove OPM.

If after removing OPM your problem goes away I would recomend trying to reinstall Kopernicus and OPM manually. I personally greatly dislike CKAN, not to put down it's authors or anything, they have done some great work. I just see far to many issues pop up that could have been easily solved by a manual install.

Unlike other games that I have modded (mostly Beth games) KSP is very intuitive and simple to mod manually.

It is my recommendation that if you really want to run an extensive mod list like yours that you take the time to familiarize yourself with manual modding and how MM and KSPs cfg file system works, it may be intimidating at first but is actually really quite simple. You will be able to identify most problems pretty quickly on your own and generally be able to fix them as well, also eventually you will be able to use more mods and make them work better together by writing your own MM patch files.

5 hours ago, Akira_R said:

Kopernicus is spamming your log with NREs, so there is likely an issue with a planet pack or something, the only planet pack I see in your GameData folder is OPM, although there are a few folders there that I don't recognize. You can use more than one planet pack but as far as I know that requires a significant amount of end user tweaking. So if you do have other planet packs remove them first and then remove OPM.

If after removing OPM your problem goes away I would recomend trying to reinstall Kopernicus and OPM manually. I personally greatly dislike CKAN, not to put down it's authors or anything, they have done some great work. I just see far to many issues pop up that could have been easily solved by a manual install.

Unlike other games that I have modded (mostly Beth games) KSP is very intuitive and simple to mod manually.

It is my recommendation that if you really want to run an extensive mod list like yours that you take the time to familiarize yourself with manual modding and how MM and KSPs cfg file system works, it may be intimidating at first but is actually really quite simple. You will be able to identify most problems pretty quickly on your own and generally be able to fix them as well, also eventually you will be able to use more mods and make them work better together by writing your own MM patch files.

OPM is the fault. That I can live without. Cut and continue.

Thank you for your help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.