Jool is nice and all, but has a problem.

I have actually wondered why there is no monolith orbiting Jool. There really should be one.

To start with anyway. It would be the perfect intro to KSP Two.

All these worlds...

Monoliths are cool, but they are really hard to spot, especially on a huge planet like Jool, and neither are they really that usefull, i would like to see some kind of bouancy system, so bases can "float" in the atmosphere, bur thats likely not going to happend.

15 minutes ago, RatchetinSpace said:

Maybe there is a monolith orbiting Jool......

Do you know what happens when you get close to that one? I just watched 2001 a space Odyssey. There should be a mod for that, and this creepy choir sounds when you get close to any other monolith.

Another Squad monolith orbiting Jool is an obvious addition. It could be a Moon which isn't marked in the tracking station. The Magic Boulder orbiting Ike shows it can be done. I know there are no LaGrange points modelled in KSP, but having the Monolith 'on rails' at where the Jool/Laythe L1 point would be should be doable and makes getting to it and studying it less than simple.

"Crew Report from Strange Object: The Object appears to be full of stars. The computer is also refusing to follow instructions"

"Temperature Scan from Strange Object: There is no temperature recorded at all. You get a headache trying to figure this out"

I'd also like to see different biomes in Jool's atmosphere if that's possible. So you could gain science from "Northern Storms" "Equatorial clouds" and "Great Green Spot" with a big science multiplier for data recovered from the lower atmosphere.

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT TYLO. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE. :wink:

Edited by FlyingPete

9 minutes ago, FlyingPete said:

Another Squad monolith orbiting Jool is an obvious addition. It could be a Moon which isn't marked in the tracking station. The Magic Boulder orbiting Ike shows it can be done. I know there are no LaGrange points modelled in KSP, but having the Monolith 'on rails' at where the Jool/Laythe L1 point would be should be doable and makes getting to it and studying it less than simple.

"Crew Report from Strange Object: The Object appears to be full of stars. The computer is also refusing to follow instructions"

"Temperature Scan from Strange Object: There is no temperature recorded at all. You get a headache trying to figure this out"

I'd also like to see different biomes in Jool's atmosphere if that's possible. So you could gain science from "Northern Storms" "Equatorial clouds" and "Great Green Spot" with a big science multiplier for data recovered from the lower atmosphere.

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT TYLO. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE. :wink:

Maybe I need to learn how to use Kopernicious.   I know it is possible to make a invisible-in-map-view body.  I'm worried about shape though. The height map to turn a sphere into a monolith will be very difficult.  I know the dimensions are 1,4,9. What is the size?

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT LAYTHE. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

On 5/25/2017 at 6:05 AM, GregroxMun said:

Jool should be a realy gas giant instead of a shell. Proper atmospheric and interior layers of gas and liquids, crushing pressures, storms, etc. But no, we don't get that.

Let's be real.  We're not even getting clouds.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, Brent Kerman said:

Maybe I need to learn how to use Kopernicious.   I know it is possible to make a invisible-in-map-view body.  I'm worried about shape though. The height map to turn a sphere into a monolith will be very difficult.  I know the dimensions are 1,4,9. What is the size?

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT LAYTHE. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT VALL. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

Edited by Adstriduum

10 hours ago, Adstriduum said:

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT VALL. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT BOP. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

Anyway, what if there's a really small place on Jool which you can land but it's so tiny and Jool is so huge that no one has ever found it? :0.0:

Edited by Jack Joseph Kerman

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT BOP. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

Anyway, what if there's a really small place on Jool which you can land but it's so tiny and Jool is so huge that no one has ever found it? :0.0:

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT POL. ARREMPT NO LANDING THERE.

I don't even think that's possible. If you export the code in Kopernicus it doesn't say anything about a little patch of land. Not to mention I don't think there is such PQS mod that can do that. (Or what if such feature is hard-coded!)

On 5/14/2017 at 1:15 PM, MiffedStarfish said:

Maybe not at the center, but a monolith orbiting just inside the atmoshpere to prevent normal rendoevousing would be beyond cool.

Oh, that would be awesome! Not just for the game itself, but I would also write it into my story in a split second!  :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.