Before we start, you'll need the above planet mod to play the challenge. Good? Alright, let's get started.

For hundreds of years, Echobalkind has looked up into the sky and wondered about the Slippist, and the six faint wandering spirits. There was the rapid Spirit of War, the calmer Spirit of the Sky, the Spirit of Family, the Spirit of Observation, the Spirit of Conscience, and Spirit of Time. Later given the shorter names Beta, Charlie, Delta, Foxtrot, Golf, and Hotel, the wandering spirits have since been observed through telescopes and shown to be worlds much like Echo itself. 

Echobals everywhere have longed for the skies, as if it were some... fundamental nature of the Echobal spirit. And finally the technology exists to visit them all.

THE CHALLENGE: Plant flags on all six alien planets of the SLIPPIST-1 ("TRAPPIST-1") system and return safely to Echo (Planet e.)

EZm9J8J.png

Rules

• For a list of allowed mods, see the KSP Reddit Weekly Challenge Mod List, with the inclusion of SLIPPIST-1, obviously.
  • You must bring a Kerbal and plant a flag on each planet.

Possible Hard Modes

• Use only SSTO.
  • No Refueling.
  • No Docking.
  • Interstellar Mode. (enable Alien System in the settings.cfg and launch from/return to Kerbin)
  • Impress me.

Some notes:

• Two of the planets have no atmospheres: Beta and Hotel. They do however have appreciable gravity, and aren't too different from Tylo.
  • Charlie's atmosphere is thick and a bit hot. Plan accordingly.
  • Delta's atmosphere is functionally identical to Duna, but Delta's gravity is quite a lot larger.
  • Echo's atmosphere is thinner than Kerbin's by pressure but it rises higher than Kerbin's due to the lower gravity.
  • Bring radiators to Beta.
  • The planets are in a complex resonance chain of 24:15:9:6:4:3:2. That's 8:5, 5:3, 3:2, 3:2, 4:3, and 3:2 for nearest-neighbor relationships going from b to h.
  • Transfer delta-v between planets can be greater than stock due to the very strong gravity of SLIPPIST-1. (Acceleration due to gravity, obviously. It's not more massive, just much denser)

Those who complete the challenge can put this special scratch-n-sniff sticker in their signature if they want. It smells like root beer.

4NOPLFf.png

Edited by GregroxMun

6 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

Hi. I cannot find the alien system in the files and I want to have to launch from Kerbin to make it to the SLIPPIST-1 system.

This mod replaces the stock system entirely. There is no Kerbin.

2 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

Hi. I cannot find the alien system in the files and I want to have to launch from Kerbin to make it to the SLIPPIST-1 system.

GameData/SLIPPIST-1/SlippistSettings.cfg

Change "False" into "True" and keep in mind it is case sensitive.

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.