[1.2.2] Space 1999 Eagle Transporter 3 Pack v1.03

MajorTom69

I've just been trying this out in 1.8.1 in my Galileo Planet Pack build and it works wonderfully. It is a bit OP but tons of fun. I just built myself and Eagle and flew it to orbit with the theme music playing the the background. Awesome!

• I did tune down the aft vertical thrusters to 95% for better balance.
  • I also needed to adjust the landing legs a bit using the move tool to get them in position
  • I added a few small reaction wheels hidden at the base of the landing legs for better controllability.
  • Don't forget a few solar panels or RTGs for electrical power.
  • I don't think there's a built-in antenna

I'm not sure all the weird fuel types are all for so i may end up hacking the config, but we'll see. I'm just having tons of fun flying an Eagle around, balance can go hang.

Sweet! Glad to hear it still mostly works. I'd love a crack at flying her myself. 

But the real question is, which theme? Season 1 (funky 70's disco wacka-wacka guitars and bombastic orchestra) or season 2 (spacey 70's synths and stripped-down action show orchestra)?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was so excited to see this mod out there because I was trying to think of ways to recreate it myself... But had no clue how.   Now I downloaded it but it doesn't show up in 1.12.2 :valsob:

MajorTom... Please, oh, Please update it for 1.12.2

1 hour ago, Xtra said:

was so excited to see this mod out there because I was trying to think of ways to recreate it myself... But had no clue how.   Now I downloaded it but it doesn't show up in 1.12.2 :valsob:

MajorTom... Please, oh, Please update it for 1.12.2

@Xtra You want my continuation of the work mod. Beyond 1999. It folded MajorTom69 and Skunkworks Space1999 mods in to one and updated them for 1.12.1 onwards. here is the link on Spacedock.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2837/Beyond Space 1999

On 10/1/2021 at 5:45 PM, ColdJ said:

@Xtra You want my continuation of the work mod. Beyond 1999. It folded MajorTom69 and Skunkworks Space1999 mods in to one and updated them for 1.12.1 onwards. here is the link on Spacedock.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2837/Beyond Space 1999

This mod is one of the best I've seen.  It works great.  I never seem to get VTOL's to work but this works and handles like a dream.... Thank you.

8 hours ago, Xtra said:

This mod is one of the best I've seen.  It works great.  I never seem to get VTOL's to work but this works and handles like a dream.... Thank you.

You are most welcome. I am a fan of the series just like you.

If you like VTOL aircraft then you might like my Harrier Jump Jet parts pack too. Comes with a pre-assembled craft in it's SPH folder that you just copy into your saves SPH folder.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2863/Harrier Jump Jet Parts Pack.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 4:02 AM, ColdJ said:

If you like VTOL aircraft then you might like my Harrier Jump Jet parts pack too. Comes with a pre-assembled craft in it's SPH folder that you just copy into your saves SPH folder.

Thanks, I've downloaded and installed it.  I have a QuinJet I built from scratch... And it works pretty good, take-offs are good - Landings are the part I'm having issue with.  Transitioning from Normal flights to Vertical landings has been challenging. 

Here is my QuinnJet

9 hours ago, Xtra said:

Thanks, I've downloaded and installed it.  I have a QuinJet I built from scratch... And it works pretty good, take-offs are good - Landings are the part I'm having issue with.  Transitioning from Normal flights to Vertical landings has been challenging. 

Here is my QuinnJet

That is beautiful. I personally try to get a feel for my crafts quirks for VTOL landings but there are a couple of mods that apparently do a good job of auto piloting the job. I think that "Throttle Controlled Avionics" was well recomended.

On 10/5/2021 at 4:02 AM, ColdJ said:

I downloaded your Harrier but when I tried to Launch it... it says the Harrier Fuselage and Fuselage Wide are missing.  Yet I see them in the CJHarrier Folder.  I dropped that folder into my Gamedata folder.

https://imgur.com/lPmYaec

Sorry but that link doesn't work.

I assume you extracted into the Kerbal Space Program folder, then it would normally put the subfolder and it's subfolders in to GameData, Then you would just copy from my SPH folder in to your saves SPH folder.

Whenever I download a mod I always look in it's zipped form before extracting to be sure of it's path. Most modders have their folder within a GameData folder, but I have come across a few that don't.

If you move the the configs and models to a different folder then you have to change the model path in the configs or else the program won't find them and it won't turn up in game.

Edited by ColdJ

• 1 year later...
On 9/27/2023 at 10:43 PM, gattispilot said:

Thanks.  I am A NEWBIE to this.  have done alot in Orbiter.  I made the buggy but it needed a command center to drive.  I didn't see one to add.

Are there mission where the Eagle/buggy/passenger module are built.

How to switch between Kerbals?

Not sure what you are saying here.

The buggy works just like an external command chair. Just add the wheels and it is good to go. It is a single seat so you click on the Kerbal to get its menu and choose leave seat to get out. When walking a  kerbal you click on an empty buggy to get its menu and click on the enter seat choice to sit in it.

Thanks.  I think my mouse may be broke.  As sometimes I click on the vessel and a menu shows and other times it does not.  But I got in a buggy in the rescue pod.  UNdocked but it seems like I not fuel as it drifted.  Also.  I had Kerbals out walking.  How to switch the different ones?

21 hours ago, gattispilot said:

Thanks.  I think my mouse may be broke.  As sometimes I click on the vessel and a menu shows and other times it does not.  But I got in a buggy in the rescue pod.  UNdocked but it seems like I not fuel as it drifted.  Also.  I had Kerbals out walking.  How to switch the different ones?

Be it a vessel or a Kerbal, anything outside and within range that can be controlled can be shifted to by using the "]" key on the keyboard. (Square bracket.) You will cycle through however many you have outside and in range until you get the correct one.

Edited by ColdJ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.