Azimech

I want to thank Squad for this new feature

7 posts in this topic

And please don't tell me it's a bug.

After the decoupling of the turbine shaft and starting the engine, I pin the action menu of the propeller blades so I can change their pitch while flying. I recently discovered that switching focus back to the airplane still gives me full control of changing propeller pitch (in the form of the authority limiter). This helps enormously, especially with multi-engined airplanes.

So if this was unintended, please don't fix it :-)

14 people like this

13 minutes ago, Azimech said:

And please don't tell me it's a bug.

After the decoupling of the turbine shaft and starting the engine, I pin the action menu of the propeller blades so I can change their pitch while flying. I recently discovered that switching focus back to the airplane still gives me full control of changing propeller pitch (in the form of the authority limiter). This helps enormously, especially with multi-engined airplanes.

So if this was unintended, please don't fix it :-)

I wonder if this works for any craft within physics range?

1 person likes this

It was intended and should. Let me know if it doesn't.

12 people like this

So we now have control of whatever happens via context menus for any controllable part in range? Like popping parachutes on the dropped stages(if we opened the parachute menu before hand)?

It would be interesting if this could be applied only to vessels connected by the CommNet, as a form of remote control. 

7 hours ago, Blaarkies said:

So we now have control of whatever happens via context menus for any controllable part in range? Like popping parachutes on the dropped stages(if we opened the parachute menu before hand)?

It only works in physics range, but I use extender, so it should.

This is great!  Thanks Squad!

Posted (edited)

What! This is great! Stock unguided cluster bombs, here I come! I'm actually more excited for this than any of the other features in 1.3. Thanks so much for this feature, it will really help people who build crazy things on the edge of practicality in stock, like me. :)

Edit: I just realised this means I can have variable thrust reaction wheel helicopters without fiddly turboprops, this feature is amazing! Thank you so much Squad!

Edited by MiffedStarfish