Create a savegame for a revert point if needed. Build a little fake vessel with a probe core on it (and maybe your best antenna). Launch it, and use setorbit or hyperedit to cheat it into orbit around your destination CB. Turn on Kerbnet. Timewarp until you can see the spot you want. Put the reticle on the point and hit ESC to stop time. Read the coordinates. Revert to before you launched the cheater ship. Then use hyperedit for the teleport.

On 5/16/2017 at 0:50 AM, thecathasnolegs said:

hi,im  looking for help  using ksp coordinates. i need to know how to find the coordinates of a place i am  not at so  i can use the teleporting feature of hyperedit. any help is greatly appreciated

12 hours ago, bewing said:

Create a savegame for a revert point if needed. Build a little fake vessel with a probe core on it (and maybe your best antenna). Launch it, and use setorbit or hyperedit to cheat it into orbit around your destination CB. Turn on Kerbnet. Timewarp until you can see the spot you want. Put the reticle on the point and hit ESC to stop time. Read the coordinates. Revert to before you launched the cheater ship. Then use hyperedit for the teleport.

he means this:

0 , 31 degrees-hyper edit uses that kind of coordernate system 

i think your thinking of this

0 5 49 S

75 33 27 W

4 hours ago, thecathasnolegs said:

so i did all  of that and in  the end it gave me coordinates as blank degrees south  and blank degrees west, for hyperedit i need them to be in  latitude and longitude

Just put a ship into orbit around kerbin using hyperedit. When you get over the area you want to be in, open the ship lander GUI in hyperedit. Hit "current" then hit "land here". That will get you close to your target location. From there, you can make any tweaks you need to get to the exact location. You can use keys "I,J,K,L" to fine tune your landing location. Once you get where you want to be write down the longitude and latitude in case you want to "teleport" to that location in the future.

hyperedit is very is easy to use and you probably would have figured this out on your own just messing around with hyperedit. It's pretty intuitive. 

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.