Strange Glitch

Hi, having a bit of a strange one here - quite heavily modded install. Game seems to work perfectly fine for a while - can build, tinker, launch, forget something, revert, relaunch, complete contracts and repeat - but at some random point I will try to launch a vessel from the VAB (have only noticed this happening from the VAB) and the UI will completely lock up - accepts no input from any buttons and pressing esc does nothing - only option is to Alt-F4 out of game. I also get something similar where when completing flights the screen moves to a different view of space centre and again, all onscreen buttons are clickable but do nothing.

Is anyone aware of this being a common / know issue? If not can post logs or anything else required in a while when I get home.

24 minutes ago, TheKorbinger said:

When the UI locks up for me, I just F5 and F9, it usually works. Perhaps it'll work for you?

Can't hurt to try - does this work in settings like the space centre or just when your flying a vessel?

5 hours ago, FancyMouse said:

I usually found myself trapped in a small textbox somewhere.

But alt-F12 should work, and you should be able to look at input lock layers to see who is locking up something.

Shall also give that a shot - would there be a way from there to see why/ how it's getting locked up?

1 hour ago, Das_Sheep said:

Shall also give that a shot - would there be a way from there to see why/ how it's getting locked up?

Each input lock layer has a name, and you could probably guess from there. If you don't know you can also paste in and ask forum if anyone has seen this.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:35 AM, FancyMouse said:

I usually found myself trapped in a small textbox somewhere.

But alt-F12 should work, and you should be able to look at input lock layers to see who is locking up something.

This worked perfectly - Input lock had something to do with "EL" in the description - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it might be Extraplanetary Launchpads?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.