Manage Followed Content

XLjedi

This feature of the website has been a little aggravating.  There seems to be no option to:

1. Jump to the last post in the topic
  2. Go to my post in the topic
  3. Go to first unread post in the topic

It just gives a link that starts you at the first post?   ...which does not seem particularly useful at all.  Am I missing something obvious?  

And in the wider forum, there seems to be no way to search for a specific users posts in a thread.  I'm having a hard time locating my own posts! 

Edited by XLjedi

1) is done by clicking the timestamp beside the the latest post info. 

3) is done by clicking the star or circle to the left of the thread title. 

2) I'm not really sure of a way to do. You can search within a thread for posts by a given user, but it's not overly convenient. 

46 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

1) is done by clicking the timestamp beside the the latest post info. 

3) is done by clicking the star or circle to the left of the thread title. 

2) I'm not really sure of a way to do. You can search within a thread for posts by a given user, but it's not overly convenient. 

1)  In the "Managed Followed Content" area, the timestamp is not a hyperlink that can be clicked on.  If you mouse-over it, all it does is show a pop-up with the date & time

2)  How do I search within a topic for a users posts?  I have not been able to do this... If I put a username in "Search this Topic" it only returns posts that mention the username, as opposed to posts by the user?

3)  Again, in the "Managed Content" area... there is no such star or circle.  Perhaps there should be one?  It would be helpful, for instance, if the posts listed under "Managed Followed Content" had the same clicky options as the posts listed under "Activity"

I also notice under the "Activity" section, in "Threads I Follow" the circle/star to go to last post is disabled for some reason?

Edited by XLjedi

Ah I see, you're using the manage followed content page, that's not really meant for that, it's meant for adding or removing threads from your followed list. Better to use the activity streams themselves, they will function as described. 

If the circle or star is grayed out that means there is no unread content in the thread. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.