Kuiper Belt Analogue

Should a Kuiper Belt analogue be added?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Kuiper Belt analogue be added?

• Ye
    • Nay

In my opinion, Asteroids are a great part of the game, they teaching you how to rendezvous with objects on awkward trajectories, allow you to build very nice stations and give you the ability to top up on fuel on deep space exploration missions. However, there are only two areas in the system where asteroids appear, (Kerbin and Dres) and they are both located fairly close to each other in the inner system. What I'm proposing is a Kuiper Belt (for once, something we don't have to ADD the K to :D) analogue which would be located in the space between Jool and Eeloo, with asteroids rarely encountering each planet. This would give deep space explorers the chance to refuel, while adding another realistic counterpart to the Kerbol System.

(As a side note; We know Bop and probably Pol are captured asteroids, and this would answer the question "What asteroids?" Also, as Jupiter has around sixty-five moons IRL, I think it would make a lot of sense to have asteroids be captured by Jool, maybe giving it around 5-10 asteroid moons, and it would be great fun to name them and potentially fling any ones you don't like into Jool's atmosphere.)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

At the risk of self-promoting a desiccated husk, ...

I attempted something quite similar a while ago, and despite initial enthusiasm it gained no traction.  However!  I think it would be cool- for those who wished to add such a mod.  :)

Edited by GarrisonChisholm

Adding some Jool lagrange asteroids and some randos out past Eeloo would definitely offer a few new options for players, although I have no idea why Squad thought adding asteroids to orbit Dres would be a particularly good thing...

47 minutes ago, regex said:

Adding some Jool lagrange asteroids and some randos out past Eeloo would definitely offer a few new options for players, although I have no idea why Squad thought adding asteroids to orbit Dres would be a particularly good thing...

Camouflage.

Can't hate on Dres if you can't find it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.