PartTools loading issue

Hi everyone,

I was wondering a few days ago how to create IVAs, so I found a lot of useful articles on this forum and downloaded Unity 5.4.0 to begin. I also downloaded PartTools for 1.2.* that I found here :

Here's my issue : when I set up the Data Directory to the KSP/GameData directory, Unity doesn't upload all the directory like in the tutorials I've seen. I have to set it to e.g. KSP/GameData/ASET to upload the Spaces and Props from ASET.

Another problem is that when I spawn the ALCOR pod for example, Unity can't load every props inside it, and return a lot (592) of messages like :

Spoiler

PYKMfKv.png

I think my  two problems are linked, but I don't really understand how everything works.

Thank you very much for your time ! :D

Edited by Anthesk

12 hours ago, Anthesk said:

Unity 5.4.0

There may be an issue with that particular arrangement of unity and mod, unity has changed the how  animations are made and tied to parts, those parts throwing errors are likely to be those compiled in earlier versions of unity .  Perhaps try and find out which version, they were created in,  I use U5.2.4 and have not noticed any problems with those props, but then I'm not using  the new 1.29 part tools yet.which may be relevant

The setting for data directory , did you select the GameData directory or the whole KSP install , the former is whats needed

I tried with Unity 5.2.4 and the same version of Part tools but I had the same problem. What part tools version do you use ?

I selected GameData and not the whole install, I've double checked it.

Actually I tried several Unity and part tools versions, but the problem is the same every time. I'm maybe doing it wrong :

I create a new project, copy and paste the .unitypackage file in StandardAssets and double click on it. Then I open part tools in the Tools tab and click Set Data Dir. I think that's what I saw in several tutorials.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.