Favorite Subway Sandwich

SubwayManager

No subway on or under La Palma island, not even planned. A McD opened two years ago but it isn't accepted well.

When i last rode on a subway subway's didn't exist yet. No subway, no subway's, no sub :P

I tried a subway sub one or two times when the alternatives were worse and need was high, it was awful. Taste only through sauces ... couldn't eat it all :/

Too many bars here that offer fresh food. Many people actually grow their own vegetables in the garden. A sandwich with a fresh bread, onion, peppers, green salad, spices, goat cheese and spanish ham is done in minutes and :funds: a third compared to a subway sub in the subway despite of the high quality ingredients.

Ah, oh, and quite a few 100 years old live here :-) :cool:

Edited by Green Baron

6 hours ago, SubwayManager said:

Never been to or heard of Subway? That's impressive. They surpassed McDonald's in store count a few years ago. Oh well. 

Maybe where you live, but not in 99% of the countries of the world. Oh well.

I prefer Blimpies, by the way. The ingredients seem fresher, they don't skimp on hiw much they put on sandwich, and they don't think there's only 11" in a foot.

Edited by Kerbart

We've a few of them in Dublin.  They seem to more-or-less be the McDonalds of sandwich companies, with an (ex) spokesman that turned out to be infinitely more creepy than the clown.

The bread is nice. and the food is reasonable but I'd tend to go elsewhere for a sandwich given the option.

Favourite?  There's a spicy beef thing that they do, it's been so long since I've eaten in Subway that I don't remember the exact name for it - but that anyway with onions and barbecue sauce on honey oat iirc.

Personally I am not a big fan of Subway, however the best place to get sandwiches in my opinion where I live is a small joint in downtown Cedar Rapids called The Lost Cuban, Technically the sandwiches there are not like subs, but rather more like a panini. If you have never had a cuban sandwich you don't know what your missing out upon, Besides the cuban sandwich, Lost Cuban also does among other things Empanadas (It's like a turnover), Arroz con Pollo (Chicken with Rice and Vegetables), Fried Plantains, Rice and Black beans, not to mention they make this insanely addicting Mango-Habanero sauce which really isn't that spicy but is the perfect addition to any dish they serve there. Best of all it's the only Cuban Restaurant in all of Iowa. I highly recommend it.

As for actual subs I personally like this duo of deli restaurants in Rock Falls and Dixon, Illinois called Arthur's Garden Deli. Both of them are off of Interstate 88 on the way to Chicago. The location in Dixon has a larger menu selection and is farther away from I-88, whereas the one in Rock Falls has a limited menu but is closer to I-88.         

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.