Logitech G940 axis binding issues

Yesterday i played KSP using my ancient Logitech attack 3 and had a blast.

Today i tried to do the same with my Logitech G940, but without succes. ;.;

It seems that KSP registers the axis inputs, but doesn't actually bind it. When the window pops up telling me that i should move the axis i want to apply, it registers my joystick fine, but after pressing accept, it doesn't actually apply this binding.

It's a bit hard to explain, so the video shows my problem.

Thank you in advance :confused:

None of the bugs that I know does what you reported (many are implied with KSP not recognizing a stick or not registering a stick input, but none about not recording something that appears to have been detected fine).

Please provide some information (as suggested here) to help us diagnose that issue; in particular: KSP version (including build number),  Operating system, output_log.txt / player.log, settings.cfg. Should you have a Windows OS, please provide DXDiag saved info too. Hope some of the above show a reason why the axis info with the stick isn't saved.

Some of the most common issues with sticks are: having multiple connected being recognized by the same device name; another program getting in the way and intercepting any of the input coming from a device (so that KSP isn't getting any: most of stick programming or control applications do); plugging/unplugging USB devices while KSP is running: none seem to be your case but please help us rule out those possibilities.

Hello, thank you for responding

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, and playing KSP through Steam. It's version 1.2.2.1622, Build ID = 016222016.12.06 

It's a clean install with no mods.

Output log is here: (https://pastebin.com/Ur3Lw6s7)

Settings CFG file is here (https://pastebin.com/pJJtqmLj)

I'm from Denmark, so a small part of the DXDiag is in Danish, I'll translate anything if needed, just say the word!

Anyways It's here (https://pastebin.com/V9iDM6fq)

My system Specifications (Don't know if they're relevant, but the support site said so)

Asus X99 Strix, Intel I7-6850k, 2x Asus Strix gtx1080, 32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4,  Samsung 950Pro 256GB, HyperX Savage 480gb, the rest is pointless to mention

I've tried launching KSP without steam or anything else for that matter, and this does not relive the problem, neither does unplugging and then plugging the USB cable back in (while KSP is running), so those possibilities can be ruled out!

Thank you for helping!

Edited by J5gbqp

OK, sure some weirdnesses show.

From the output_log.txt, lines 57 to 85, KSP is finding 3 different input devices, none of them providing its name. Lines 69 and 85 show only device identified as #0 is then recognized.

From the settings.cfg, lines 150 to 153 show again shows which devices are recognized, again only #0. However in the following sections are a number of references to diverse devices (e.g. lines 237, 469, 477 referring to a "Joystick3"; line 1024 referring to "Joystick0"; lines 974, 999, 1099, 1124 referring to "Joystick1"; line 1049 referring to "Joystick2"). One of Unity weirdnesses is about the base used, the first device with buttons is named "Joystick1"; whilst for axes the base is from "Joystick0"; therefore that settings.cfg is effectively showing to have registered input from 3 different devices though only one is recognized!

Now, the DXDiag (great it is mostly in English!) shows 4 entries under a Logitech G940 name: the throttle (line 251) with a Controller ID: 0x1; Flight System (line 281) with a Controller ID: 0x0; pedals (line 317) with a  Controller ID: 0x2; and Joystick (line 347) with (again) Controller ID: 0x0. (of course the ID is Hexadecimal). So, Joystick (or Flight System), Throttle, and Pedals are those 3 input devices shown with output_log.txt.

Now, I can only make a comparison with what KSP shows with my own device (a Saitek X52 pro, so with separate throttle and joystick parts): output_log.txt (at the input devices lines) shows to recognize both parts (as #1 and #0, giving the latter the correct name passed by the OS). Settings.cfg again shows both parts in input devices; clearly input from both are then usable in settings.

Can't get why KSP doesn't recognize all three parts after having found them. No wonder KSP doesn't bind a command to a unrecognized part (even if the command was detected).

I'd like if you could make a few tests to further define the issue:

- can you detach independently any of the parts? What shows with e.g. only the joystick, or only the throttle connected? or both joystick and throttle but no pedals? (of course KSP has to be started after having detached what isn't required, not before). Please check output_log.txt to find if the "input devices" lines hold anything different than before.

- axes KSP is unable to bind belong to all parts? or are with one part specifically?

- are drivers for your G940 suite updated for Windows10 64bit?

and with all the evidence coming from such tests, would fill an issue report with the official bugtracker therefore allowing developers to have a look at it.

Sorry for the late answer, I have Finals at the moment so spare time is scarce.

Okay so I've tested with Joystick + Pedals and Joystick + Throttle. This essentially changes nothing, except the third input device isn't there, which it shouldn't be, so that makes sense. However the output_log.txt simply shows #0 input devices just as before. I've tried all possible combinations but it changes nothing.

Now KSP seems unable to bind any part at all, It doesn't make a difference what physical axes i try to bind to a in game part. This doesn't change anything either.

I've tried to delete the drivers a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to make any difference, the drivers are available in a 64bit version and was last updated a couple of weeks ago, so it should be up to date. Further more it is listed as made for Windows 10 so this should not be a problem either.

I've written a issue report, and we'll se what that does sometime in the future. Unfortunately this does not seem fixable, but i will keep trying once i have a bit more spare time.

Another thought. Some users have reported to have solved input device issues by installing a virtual device driver (e.g. vJoy). Can't say this would solve your issue too, but if you like to experiment possible fixes, give it a try. While the OS can see all of your G940 suite, and believe other applications do as well, the problem may really lie in how the suite is recognized in Unity: by having Unity recognize a virtual device instead (itself set to properly do with your devices) could be a way to have it usable, before a proper fix is done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.