Das_Sheep

Strategies Costs

Question

It's pretty likely I'm just missing something here, but...

Committing to a strategy. Say giving up 25% of reputation for science instead. Shouldn't this be taking 25% of all reputations gains and not 100% of some?

5 answers to this question

Yes. 

Unpaid Research Program.png Unpaid Research Program

A program where undergrad researchers are given the opportunity to work in our great Space Program, to boost the science earned out of each Mit of data. The Interns don't get paid, but the prestige of working with such a grand organization as ours surely is its own reward, isn't it?

Effects
  • Takes 5 – 100% Reputation gains
  • Yields 1 Science for each 2.556 – 2.070 Reputation

BTW I prefer Outsourced R&D

That's what I thought. But just done a rescue mission and the message you get in flight says 10(-10) and I've only got a 50% commitment to said strategy.

And I do have outsourced R&D on, it's at 25%

This makes sense to me with your later example. The way I understand the numbers is simply that you gained 10 rep and paid an additional 10 to gain more money. To me this looks like you would have gained 20 rep if you didn't have the strategy implemented.

1 person likes this

Thinking about it that might be the case. I've always read it as "Total available (-number)"

20 minutes ago, Ohm is Futile said:

This makes sense to me with your later example. The way I understand the numbers is simply that you gained 10 rep and paid an additional 10 to gain more money. To me this looks like you would have gained 20 rep if you didn't have the strategy implemented.

Yes,  that is how it works