The_Cat_In_Space

Small Craft Megathread

17 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Small Craft Megathread. From here, you can post your small craft/s in any way you see fit! Modded craft(s) are also acceptable, but you will have to include the link to any mods that you used parts of in your design. I am permitting, say, a picture of a large craft with the small craft (like a little shuttle) around the large craft, but the photo(s) will have to be focused on the small craft. Rovers are also accepted, as are sea vessels (they must be seaworthy though, so don't just build a little jetski or something and have the pictures of it on land, they will have to also be in water). Anyway, enough talking!

Nope, it just takes advantage of the stock high-density sorta clippy magic of the Round-8 fuel tank stacking

What's the upper-limit cut-off for the definition of "small"?

15 minutes ago, StahnAileron said:

10t sounds right, but I'm not the OP.

11 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

10t sounds right, but I'm not the OP.

That's just mass though. I was actually talking about physical dimensions. It's possible to have a VERY dense craft if one wants with clipping. (As already demonstrated with ROUND-8's.)

I can do small:

6QHQDxO.png

ZDwxKOP.png

boF8UVq.png

fY7L85I.png

eVtp5O0.png

4 people like this

23 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

Whatever your feels say. A maximum 5x5x5 meter craft is small to me..

Sickle mk4 - Swarm fighter

rSVvGl0.png

Little fighter.

stoEo68.png

Tiny lander.

Bee-Shuttlepod

Widdle shuttlepod.

EkAPbBW.png

Bitsy rover.

xR3xP8y.png

Mini station

Had a similar thread years ago. Highlight was @Giggleplex777's work.

He's got his own thread.

Edited by Spartwo

LiL Bit

RV30CZS.png

Minute

eFrKt3n.png

Inkling

gM4Hy5W.png

Old Mini F14

7BqPu1U.png

Old Mini craft used to land on Laythe

0UhNH5P.png

2 people like this

Mini Shuttle STS Gargantua

ZVUG13M.png

Mini Soyuz

kgHBGlY.png

3 people like this

Small crafts eh, well, here's a couple of craft you'll be seeing once KSP 1.3 comes out.

They where built in the 1.3 prerelease, and are now inaccessible because i reverted back to 1.2 to get some proper stuff done.

The first one is what i call the ITB (interceptor test bed).

It was a scaled down interceptor model used to test all kinds of fancy doodads. It also served as an aerodynamics tesbed for a next generation interceptor, that eventually turned into the KF-18 Fornet.

A lot of our engineers that took part in that project said that the original ITB was just too cute and fun. So, instead of scrapping the prototype R/C jet, they brought it back to the KSC and are now using it as a "big boys R/C park flyer"

jgsIwU0.png

The other aircraft is a four engined "Protected cargo plane" that served in KW2 as a personal transport for many high ranking officers that wanted to feel a little safer/comfy while flying into the front-lines.

Y2lp4Zd.png

This one is of course a scaled down replica of it built by a small group of KSC staff as "party piece" to be used in airshows and conventions.

21 minutes ago, kapteenipirk said:

Small crafts eh, well, here's a couple of craft you'll be seeing once KSP 1.3 comes out.

They where built in the 1.3 prerelease, and are now inaccessible because i reverted back to 1.2 to get some proper stuff done.

The first one is what i call the ITB (interceptor test bed).

It was a scaled down interceptor model used to test all kinds of fancy doodads. It also served as an aerodynamics tesbed for a next generation interceptor, that eventually turned into the KF-18 Fornet.

A lot of our engineers that took part in that project said that the original ITB was just too cute and fun. So, instead of scrapping the prototype R/C jet, they brought it back to the KSC and are now using it as a "big boys R/C park flyer"

jgsIwU0.png

The other aircraft is a four engined "Protected cargo plane" that served in KW2 as a personal transport for many high ranking officers that wanted to feel a little safer/comfy while flying into the front-lines.

Y2lp4Zd.png

This one is of course a scaled down replica of it built by a small group of KSC staff as "party piece" to be used in airshows and conventions.

Is the last craft stock? Or are those modded propeller engines?

They're jets with antennas stuck on to look like props.

Mini fighter

tIeDm9X.png

Mini tank

EB7nGcc.png

Used BDA(c) 

Edited by NotAnAimbot