What's your biggest KSP achievement?

Shadow Wolf56

Sorry about the zillion images, I've been at this for a while, it seems.

Back in version .90, I build a Kethane-mining ship that could fly from anywhere, to anywhere.

66a6UsN.png

NoNo, that's not it.

My fully-equipped Munar base, with multiple relocatable base units, uncrashable rovers and personal escape pods?

qSJ31wf.png

How about the Modular 1.2 *million* ton orbital station?

(image shows one of 15 modules, undergoing ground testing)

JcNRoE3.png

umm, Solar ion glider?

pnzzkAe.png

flying soccer city? (

fRd086V.png

Steam-powered Kerbin Circumnavigation?

FVwiNgk.png

Lawn chair holiday to Eeloo?

nzEMlbR.png

nope, thats not it either.

I KNOW!!!

Its my *Grand Experiment* on the Migratory Habits of the Octo-2!

x1Tf307.png

Edited by MarvinKitFox

On 19/05/2017 at 10:50 AM, jonny said:

But I guess this thread should be moved to KSP Discussions

agreed!

I did a few "difficult" things in KSP but what I value most its learning to design simple and practical vessels to specific tasks, Something likehttps://kerbalx.com/Spricigo/SL37D . I consider myself far from an expert but there is a true enjoyment when a design works smoothly.

One might think it was my recent dual Gilly landing mission -- but one would be wrong.  So far, my proudest moment was when Val (with a scientist and engineer whose names I've forgotten) made the very first (in my science game) venture outside Kerbin's SOI to intercept and then capture an asteroid -- and managed, with chemical rockets only, to capture the rock into Kerbin orbit.  The 960 t rock.

Bonus: the rock reads as 83% ore.

screenshot23_zps142dryfl.png

Edited by Zeiss Ikon
Add image

This.  It wasn't my biggest lander (by far), the fastest, or the most efficient, but it's my favorite screenshot out of all the ones I took from any game or any flight here.

2wjL94M.png

That's the original Arkingthaad tower lander, on Duna, refuling via the Kethane mod.

Edited by Whackjob

Its easy to forget with all the train things I do, everpresent thing thats powered these beasts since 2014 is my best discovery

Diesel electric transmission

An alternator modded to drive likewise modded wheels from pure throttle power not too different from a real diesel loco

without it..the mightly 44 class wouldnt be so graceful :)

Back in the day when air was made of pea soup and rockets were made of asparagus:

eve_ship_5.jpeg

We had no ISRU either, so the biggest challenge was landing something with 11 km/s of delta-v and high enough TWR in one piece. And not forgetting the ladders.

Launch preparations used to involve fireworks:

Spoiler

eve_fireworks_2.jpeg

18 boosters later, the optimal trajectory was still almost vertical:

Spoiler

eve_ascent_2.jpeg

This was also an achievement in its own way:

tylo_test_flight_1.jpeg

It was supposed to be a Tylo lander in the 6.4x scale system. The transfer stage / lander combination was launched in one piece, the Kerbin escape stage followed, and then I docked them using 7 large docking ports. Fueling the ship took 30+ tanker launches, and finally the crew module was launched on a tiny rocket. Unfortunately I grew bored with the project after the first test flight, and I never had the chance to try whether the nuclear asparagus lander would have actually worked.

The project also involved my favorite launch vehicle:

Spoiler

kerbin_escape_stage_1.jpeg

And my favorite launch picture:

Spoiler

launch_success_2.jpeg

Sandbox: manned Eeloo landing + return to Kerbin without any mods

Career:  Apollo-style Gilly landing + return to Kerbin (over 1800 science)

RP-0: Venus fly-by in 1958

Rz3ZcJq.jpg

I am currently playing RP-0, so I am sure the achievement will change soon.

Edited by Julien Kerman

My recent Duna mission! It took two launches then zoom! There I go to Duna, then I get ejected from Duna by Ike, then I returned. Here's the clincher: It was in career mode. Yes I know, its pretty sad. 

I suppose it is the mission i am working on now. I have a highly functional mining base on Minmus with two miners extracting rocket fuel and a third making mono fuel. The rover tanker docks with the miners and transfers the fuels to a lander/shuttle that docks with an orbital space station that is really little more than a huge fuel depot. I am now able to do that with 85% efficiency. I only use 15% of my rocket fuel to get to orbit, dock and return to the land base.This allowed me to send an unmanned probe equipped with a M700 Survey Scanner up to the space station for refueling and on to Duna where it achieved a polar orbit.

Today's plan is to send a rover equipped with a Surface Scanning Module to Duna to scout out a flat site with high ore content. I am thinking of doing it without a parachute.It is painstakingly slow, but it gives me more control of where I land.(Any expert recommendations are appreciated.)

I suppose the prudent next step would be to send a miner to Duna so that the manned (or is it Kerbinned?) mission already has fuel when they arrive, but I am sort of biting at the bit to send a small space station with a lander to Duna now. The initial lander will be based on the Minmus shuttle and will only be designed to go from the surface of Duna to the Space Station and back. Return trips to Kirbin will be a separate vehicle. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.