Duna Contract after transfer window

jamqdlaty

Hi. I play Career mode and I'm done with Mun and Minmus. I play with Remote Tech, so I spent some more time around Kerbin and now that I have Duna Contract, the transfer window is very far. I accepted the contract and skipped some time, no new contract appeared. The closest transfer window is to Dres. What do you do in these situations? f you were me, would you just use your available funds and send mission to Dres to get science, or would you warp time and go by contracts, Duna first?

I think the last time I played KSP with mods, I ended at the same spot. The transfer window for Duna was way ahead of me and doing more contracts around Kerbin sounded boring.

You can go to Duna at any time.  Transfer windows just mean you don't have to pack as much fuel.

It's up to you if you want to jump ahead in the world's first contracts.  There is nothing forcing you to play them in that order, however they will only appear if you haven't done it before.  So if you go to Dres, you won't get a world's first for that later.

Edited by Alshain

8 minutes ago, Alshain said:

You can go to Duna at any time.  Transfer windows just mean you don't have to pack as much fuel.

It's up to you if you want to jump ahead in the world's first contracts.  There is nothing forcing you to play them in that order, however they will only appear if you haven't done it before.  So if you go to Dres, you won't get a world's first for that later.

Yes, at least an small unmanned mission is pretty easy to do outside of the transfer window. 

1 hour ago, jamqdlaty said:

Hi. I play Career mode and I'm done with Mun and Minmus. I play with Remote Tech, so I spent some more time around Kerbin and now that I have Duna Contract, the transfer window is very far. I accepted the contract and skipped some time, no new contract appeared. The closest transfer window is to Dres. What do you do in these situations? f you were me, would you just use your available funds and send mission to Dres to get science, or would you warp time and go by contracts, Duna first

It also depends on what kind of contract it is.  If it is just a flyby then the transfer window doesn't matter much because you don't have to slow down when you get there, just go shooting on by. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.