Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2! [SPOILERS]

ProtoJeb21

GOTG v2 has been out for a few weeks now, and no one has started a discussion thread on it yet? C'mon, where are the Marvel fans? Shows yourselves!

Now, I shall start of the discussion with some of the greatest words ever uttered in the history of mankind: 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Iamgroot

41 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Just as hilarious as the first one. And is that a new record for highest number of after-credits scenes?

I Am Groot

I believe so.

I am Marry Poppins, y'all groot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...I've never seen the movies and honestly from what I'm seeing it's just another super hero movie. 

Rant:

Spoiler

GotG2 has replaced the Disneyland Tower of Tower and honestly I would struggle to find respect for any material after that. 

As such I have no reason to as it stands... it smells too much of "fad" and as someone else said well, "The word 'fad' is one letter away from the word 'fade', which is exactly what fads do" and this is what other "cult" films have from this last decade.

I honestly might give GotG even a chance in my opinion if it weren't for the fact that the super hero (or super team) genre has dominanted and in my opinion, has monopolized the highest quality movie  

To me all the originality is missing. There's no more Citizen Kane's or 2001: A Space Odyssey's. It's all Marvel/DC/Disney backwash.

...that was a winded way of saying "I don't like current movies".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.