Would anyone be interested in a collaborative cinematic video series?

Ultimate Steve

A lot of us are familiar with the Community Space Station (both versions) and/or the IYSS/IYMSS and other collaborations between members of the forum and Youtubers. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, watch these.

I had an idea - what if, instead of doing a collaborative station building series, we arranged a collaborative cinematic series?

The main purpose in of this post is to gauge interest in such an undertaking.

{PRELIMINARY INFORMATION BELOW, SUBJECT TO CHANGE}

In order to participate, you must:

1. Have a YouTube channel (No minimums on subscriber count, don't want to exclude anyone)
  2. Be able to record KSP gameplay
  3. Be able to edit KSP gameplay into a decent video
  4. Be able to record voice-overs for the characters
  5. Be able to handle ships with around 300 parts

THE STORY

The story would start out with the first video (made by me) setting the scene. I would establish some sort of storyline that includes a location, a ship, and a main character. Then I would upload the video and share the save file with the next person on the list, who would do a bit of gameplay and edit another dramatic video and upload it, and so on. The series would conclude when the goal (set by me in the first video) is achieved. More on the actual storyline later, don't want to reveal it too early.

On your turn you may:

• Introduce (teleport/HyperEdit) one ship with any intent (hostile, friendly, derelict, etc.) and use it in the video.
  • Introduce one new major character or kill off one major character
  • Introduce any number of minor characters (who would be gone after your turn ends)
  • Damage the main ship (don't destroy it too soon, though)
  • Move closer to the goal (but not achieve it until the last turn)

On your turn you may NOT:

• Use mods other than informational ones (E.G. KAC, KER. Kaboom is also fine for visual effects, as are Camera Tools and Time Control. Let's try not to use visual mods so we can keep the videos consistent)
  • Kill the main character
  • Disclose any information on your turn until after the video is uploaded (As to not spoil the story, and to challenge the next person)
  • Show your GUI at any time during the video. Think "Movie" when recording (Also try not to show your mouse too much either)
  • Provide commentary other than what the characters say (Don't break the fourth wall)

Also, use common sense.

Problematic things:

• Consistent voice-overs. Everyone has a different voice, and consistency will by a problem, so try and mimic a character's voice the best you can. If need be, I can do the voice overs if you send the video and script to me beforehand.

This post mostly serves as gauging interest. I want to complete the list of participants (Ideally ten-ish) before this actually starts to see if this will work. More rules to follow if enough people express their interest.

TL;DR: I want to try to start a shared-savefile cinematic series.

Participants:

1. @Ultimate Steve

2. @gio is the teo

3. @Spartwo

4. @Sorabh

If you would like to participate, or have any questions about this, please say so.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

This sounds really cool. I'd be up for doing a one off video.

One solution to the voiceovers is to use kerbish. The voices are so heavily modified that changing the varied pitch of everyone to be on an equal level the difference won't be too greatly noted.

Edited by Spartwo

Thanks for the responses!

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, gio is the teo said:

Do I really need to do voice acting or can I just use chatterer and put words on screen?

Now that you mention that, I think that would be a more accessable solution for everyone. I'm strongly considering this now.

On 2017-5-31 at 2:58 AM, Ultimate Steve said:

Thanks for the responses!

Now that you mention that, I think that would be a more accessable solution for everyone. I'm strongly considering this now.

On 2017-5-29 at 9:47 AM, Spartwo said:

This sounds really cool. I'd be up for doing a one off video.

One solution to the voiceovers is to use kerbish. The voices are so heavily modified that changing the varied pitch of everyone to be on an equal level the difference won't be too greatly noted.

Is there an online text to speech generator that could be used and then kerbalised?

17 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Is there an online text to speech generator that could be used and then kerbalised?

Sadly I can't find anything like that. I am thinking of using the Kerbish from the Chatterer extended mod.

3 hours ago, theJesuit said:

That's what I do honestly. Translate to Spanish reverse speed and raise pitch.

Edited by Spartwo

• 3 weeks later...

Why not allow craft submissions? This would open this up to more people, including those who could make video but don't feel they have good enough craft

Edit: What is the setting? Ground, sea, space, space station, going to explore the Mun or the whole solar system?

Will you be wanting scatterer on it? I've got Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements (or Para-Sci, I don't remember) What about the bandicam earmark? Of course you could shrink the height to allow for people to crop it out

Edited by Skylon

27 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Why not allow craft submissions? This would open this up to more people, including those who could make video but don't feel they have good enough craft

Edit: What is the setting? Ground, sea, space, space station, going to explore the Mun or the whole solar system?

Will you be wanting scatterer on it? I've got Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements (or Para-Sci, I don't remember) What about the bandicam earmark? Of course you could shrink the height to allow for people to crop it out

I "have" scifiVE, but (with permission from the author) have been retexturing it, anyways, i cant use scatterer due to my potato.

I would like to join btw 

Edited by FokkerAce

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.