Oh man, now we know where the A-team went...

regex

Wow :) I've no doubt it's possible to infer all manner of drama, but in the spirit of "the simplest explanation is the most likely", if a bunch of people who'd worked on something cool for a long time began to burn out and so went off to make something else cool someplace else then that can only be a good thing.

The world needs more cool toys.

Wow! I wonder what this could mean for the future of Valve, and what games they might come ip with... honestly I can't see that much happpening, but who knows, they might have a plan.

Surprising and exciting news!

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

10 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Wow! I wonder what this could mean for the future of the game... honestly I can't see that much happpening, but who knows, they might have a plan.

For the future of KSP? It means precisely nothing. I am definitely looking forward to what comes out of that team, however. or if they're not on a singular team just knowing that they're working for a good employer is enough.

Edited by regex

1 hour ago, regex said:

For the future of KSP? It means precisely nothing. I am definitely looking forward to what comes out of that team, however. or if they're not on a singular team just knowing that they're working for a good employer is enough.

Exactly. If KSP was, for all practical purposes, a training ground to hone their programming skills, then Valve may be coming up with some awesome games in the future. And... it may be the just the thing needed to make sure Squad stays on its "A game" so that it doesn't lose its audience. Let's face it, for those of us Civilization players, most of us have bought any game associated with Sid Meyer for how many years? Do not hesitate to think there are forum members and KSP players who'd invest in projects with folks that were once a part of Squad...

14 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Do not hesitate to think there are forum members and KSP players who'd invest in projects with folks that were once a part of Squad...

If it's a "NathanKell game", I'm buying it. :wink:

Probably.

Edited by regex

10 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

He's exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote that...

There are others as well, although I have only personally confirmed NathanKell. Even if they're not on the same team it's still good to hear that they've got decent jobs and that we'll continue to see their names in the credits of games elsewhere.

It never occurred to me to worry that such talented people would NOT find a job somewhere, especially when their leaving was of their own volition and - from all those whom I've read at least - on good or at least neutral terms with Squad.

That said, I'm happy as all get out that we'll see more from them in the future.

I'm glad that those developers landed a nice job again!

Though Valve employing most ex-squad members and modders, you'd think that Valve's got an ulterior motive...
A spaceprogram sim perhaps? :wink:

Yeah, building spaceships with a crowbar! Killing aliens by constructing Juno based flamethrowers! Converting Black Mesa into something that is still unsafe for work, but arguably has actual scientific value!

In other words: HL3 confirmed.

"The Kerbal Space Program community has been abuzz today (...)"

Exqueeze me? What buzz? Where? I see no indication of any buzz whatsoever in our forum.

Oh wait... he means reddit. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

"The Kerbal Space Program community has been abuzz today (...)"

Exqueeze me? What buzz? Where? I see no indication of any buzz whatsoever in our forum.

Oh wait... he means reddit. :rolleyes:

AKA the community. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.