Edit Planet Ore Abundance or Drilling

I put a surface base down on Minmus with a drill, but it's in a location with no ore to drill up. I don't really care about the difficulty of locating biomes with resources and such, so is there a way I can edit the game files or install a mod to make the entire Minmus surface covered in recoverable ore or make the drill always dig up ore anywhere at the fastest rate possible? Thanks. 

Edited by tylersusername

Well, you can't put stuff directly on the surface with the debug menu. But you can pop yourself back into orbit for free. Or turn on infinite fuel, and hop around until you find a spot. But no, I don't know anything about editing savegames.

Editing save does not help. In the save the only value that matters, is the GameSeed value of ResourceScenario section. So you can't fine tune anything in save - only throw the dice again for all the distribution in the whole solar system.

Or - if you're allowed to mod the game itself rather than only the save file, then you can go to GameData\Squad\Resources\Ore.cfg. It's pretty self evident - you can probably achieve what you want by just changing (poor man's method: directly change the file; preferred method: write your own MM patch) the MinAbundance value to be equal to MaxAbundance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.