Variations on the stock Kerbal X

So, I've been devising some craft based on the game's stock "Kerbal X" rocket. Here's 5 builds I've uploaded thus-far. 3 are stock, 2 use NecroBones' "FuelTanksPlus" mod.

I'll start with the Kerbal X' (pronounced Kerbal X Prime), a version that sacrifices the landing-legs on the upper-stage in exchange for a docking-port, RCS thrusters, and a Launch Escape System.

SdqzTge.png

I also made the Kerbal X Slim, a version of the stock Kerbal X replacing the core booster's upper two X200-32 fuel-tanks with a single Jumbo-64, and replacing each asparagus booster's upper two FL-T400 fuel-tanks with a single FL-T800 fuel-tank to reduce part-count.

MO5iWvg.png

Combining the above twain yields the Kerbal X' Slim.

cEgUYsJ.png

The above 3 use only stock parts. The next two use NecroBones' "FuelTanksPlus" mod.

Continuing on the Slim's notion of reducing part-count, I built the Kerbal X+ next.

ENlYflK.png

And combining that with the Prime yields the Kerbal X'+.

O4VEb9F.png

Admittedly, these aren't exactly the most innovative craft, but they're not meant to be. Although I suspect many have built them before me, nobody, to my knowledge, has bothered to name or upload them yet.

I'm eager to hear thoughts on them, though.

No need. the Kerbal X+ supersedes the Kerbal X Slim so + and Slim need not be combined. Besides I'm about to delete my original uploads and replace them with further-refined versions

19 hours ago, StevieC said:

No need. the Kerbal X+ supersedes the Kerbal X Slim so + and Slim need not be combined. Besides I'm about to delete my original uploads and replace them with further-refined versions

I think you should play around with the Kerbal X's booster configs/types, engines, tank configs, and create a table of variants. That will be cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.