No Flame in Vacuum mod idea

41 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

Ok, so, I was playing KSP one day, and when I turned my engine on in space, there was a flame, but without oxygen, no flame. So, can anyone make, or does anyone have, a mod that takes the flame out, but still makes the engine have thrust?

You can use

or

2 hours ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

there was a flame, but without oxygen, no flame

I don't want to assume you need schooling on what's wrong with that statement but the missing component is pressure, not oxygen (which as @fourfa hinted you are in fact burning).

1 hour ago, SpaceEnthusiast23 said:

I think my computer can't handle these

Yes it can, as SmokeScreen (which is the particle mod RealPlume uses) allows you to adjust the maximum number of particles in game. So if you're FPS is tanking go lower the particle count to like 300-500 or even lower. If all you want is not to see any effects in space then just lower the particle count all the way to 0 and you'll get nothing visually but still all the proper thrust.

However I'd keep at least a minimum amount of particles active because the exhaust plume will be real fuzzy and expanded like you would expect to see it in space, which is also kind of what you're asking for.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.