Kerbal Space Program update 1.3 Grand Discussion thread.

UomoCapra

Yes.

I was sure it's not the case, but it seems that just new locations of the whole KSC do not just be the exact copy of stock KSC...

Does it mean (really?) that each instance of KSC on several locations on a planet has to be fiddled manually again, from scratch? By the RSS dev team I mean...

So it's kinda puzzle pieces which work on stock KSC but at another spot they don't?

Darn.

46 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Yes.

I was sure it's not the case, but it seems that just new locations of the whole KSC do not just be the exact copy of stock KSC...

Does it mean (really?) that each instance of KSC on several locations on a planet has to be fiddled manually again, from scratch? By the RSS dev team I mean...

So it's kinda puzzle pieces which work on stock KSC but at another spot they don't?

Darn.

The problem is not due to the location but due to the scaling. When you make the planet 10x bigger, the Space Center gets pulled apart a tiny bit. This isn't something that the RSS devs can fix (trust me on this, I work on a planet pack). Keep in mind that the gap in the pic you posted is a lot smaller than it would be if you were using 1.2.2.

All right, I got it.

The gap is not that bad, but the smaller the plane (early in career), the worse it is then.

And I'm still not used to gear suspension fiddling, I'm more the rocket guy.

(How many nice approaches, with or without help of Pilot Assistence, with or without Joystick were catastrophic because of the plane hopping up for 100m after touchdown... - is there a tutorial how to choose the best values for suspensions?)

1 hour ago, kimva said:

I have problems with decouoplers after update to 1.3. I tryed clean install with only sstu mod and got same problem. Rocket just falling apart.

If i attach boosters to shuttle it falling. You can see it on a video. I have steam version of the KSP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rj3ScX4Gm8

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

Your best bet for this kind of problem is to do one of the following:

• If it's a specific issue with one mod, perhaps post in that mod's thread to ask about it.
  • If it's a problem that's not tied to a particular mod, just post your own thread in Gameplay Questions and I'm sure there are plenty of people who will be happy to help you diagnose. :)

Um... In the KSP weekly @Badie said:

Hey guys, the last version is 1.3! :wink: 

Does she mean "1.3 is the most recent version" or "1.3 will be the last version besides expansions?"

*crosses fingers that it's the first option*

EDIT: @Vanamonde said in that thread that Badie meant "1.3 is the current version," or I'm at least 90% sure that's what was said (it is slightly unclear).

(Hopefully) No cause for alarm, carry on!

Edited by Ultimate Steve

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Um... In the KSP weekly @Badie said:

Does she mean "1.3 is the most recent version" or "1.3 will be the last version besides expansions?"

*crosses fingers that it's the first option*

EDIT: @Vanamonde said in that thread that Badie meant "1.3 is the current version," or I'm at least 90% sure that's what was said (it is slightly unclear).

(Hopefully) No cause for alarm, carry on!

Yes 1.3 is the current version 

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

That was in reference to this thread, of which some also leaked in to the KSP Weekly thread and was modded out. Hopefully, with the extra context it's clear that she did mean the first option.

The new LOC syntax is a major pain in the butt. I used to be able to open a part file and read or edit the description, title, etc. Now you have to look for it in a separate "wall of text" file. It's a mess that I see no benefit in. Can it be ignored? I was waiting for the update to start with some modding but this is a total turnoff for me.

6 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

The new LOC syntax is a major pain in the butt. I used to be able to open a part file and read or edit the description, title, etc. Now you have to look for it in a separate "wall of text" file. It's a mess that I see no benefit in. Can it be ignored? I was waiting for the update to start with some modding but this is a total turnoff for me.

The benefit is that if you want to change languages, all you need to do is switch your dictionary.cfg instead of having to go through and change every file.

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

The benefit is that if you want to change languages, all you need to do is switch your dictionary.cfg instead of having to go through and change every file.

That does not benefit me and adds a layer of complexity. I don't foresee the need to change languages. My native language is not supported anyway so English is all I'm interested in.

Just now, Kerbital said:

That does not benefit me and adds a layer of complexity. I don't foresee the need to change languages. My native language is not supported anyway so English is all I'm interested in.

Ya well KSP is not made based on the wishes/desires of 1 person. They did it this way because it's the easiest way to add support for tones of languages. I'm done with this conversion. Bye!

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

Ya well KSP is not made based on the wishes/desires of 1 person. They did it this way because it's the easiest way to add support for tones of languages. I'm done with this conversion. Bye!

Cheers mate!

On 5/25/2017 at 8:08 PM, Combatsmithen said:

Fingers crossed for some sort of MP for 1.4

No, the next big update is likely going to be focused on even bigger, like changeable orbit colors for ethnic diversity

25 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

You're all gonna be sorry you picked on Dres when he starts workin' out. I've seen it before.

Lol no