Kerbal Space Program update 1.3 “Away with words” is now available!

SQUAD

31 minutes ago, Sirad said:

today, QA development is not the same it was in old times...

might be a misunderstanding there that bug is passed the QA stage, didnt make the cut for todays release. I know Roy is dying to get back on it

33 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

might be a misunderstanding there that bug is passed the QA stage, didnt make the cut for todays release. I know Roy is dying to get back on it

This would be a good thing, because without being able to use that in symmetry modes this feature is nearly useless. I hope this get fixed soon (tm)

A new update for KSP?  As I bought KSP through Steam, does this mean it's gonna automatically install this when I next load up the game?  I would much prefer not to update right now, I'm smack in the middle of a career game and would hate to do anything which might jeopardise it.

I'm really pleased with how I'm doing so far, I've managed to get all Kerbals I've sent into space back to Kerbal safely except those who are on a space station in orbit around Minmus, although there have been quite a few close shaves.  Unfortunately this particular career has a few mods attached, and while losing some wouldn't be a disaster, if Unmanned Before Manned was to go it would really mess things up.

Maybe somebody could let me know if there's a way of not having Steam updating my game automatically, if this is indeed an issue?

Thanks all.

19 minutes ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

A new update for KSP?  As I bought KSP through Steam, does this mean it's gonna automatically install this when I next load up the game?  I would much prefer not to update right now, I'm smack in the middle of a career game and would hate to do anything which might jeopardise it.

I'm really pleased with how I'm doing so far, I've managed to get all Kerbals I've sent into space back to Kerbal safely except those who are on a space station in orbit around Minmus, although there have been quite a few close shaves.  Unfortunately this particular career has a few mods attached, and while losing some wouldn't be a disaster, if Unmanned Before Manned was to go it would really mess things up.

Maybe somebody could let me know if there's a way of not having Steam updating my game automatically, if this is indeed an issue?

Thanks all.

If you are not using mods right now, you don't have to worry when you start up steam and it autoupdates. If you do use mods, then copy your KSP install directory from your steam directory to somewhere else on your PC, you can still use it play it from there bypassing Steam

43 minutes ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

Thanks all.

You could start KSP without steam. Its located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program", if you use Windows and used the default install location. In Linux its usually located somewhere in your home directory...

Edit: The better option would probably be to right click KSP in your steam library, go to properties, select the "betas"-tab and choose "previous_1.2.2" from the dropdown. It should then automatically download 1.2.2

Edited by rudi1291

20 minutes ago, rudi1291 said:

In Linux its usually located somewhere in your home directory...

IIRC, Steam installs its stuff under ~/.local/Steam (equivalent to the Windows Steam directory) in Linux. KSP, therefore, would reside under "~/.local/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program". Do correct me if I turn out to be incorrect.

20 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I'm eagerly awaiting tonight's KSP Weekly to see what's next for KSP, other than the DLC. :) 

I will be surprised if there is anything more feature-wise for KSP, other than DLC.

At least now modders get the chance to hardbake their mods and get them really stable and non-conflicting.

1 minute ago, John FX said:

I will be surprised if there is anything more feature-wise for KSP, other than DLC.

At least now modders get the chance to hardbake their mods and get them really stable and non-conflicting.

Agreed.  I expect the focus to shift primarily to DLC from here on.

I guess this was bound to happen day after I finished preparing for fully modded carrier ;p

**Nervously checks if autoupdate is disabled**

Edited by PT

1 hour ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I'm eagerly awaiting tonight's KSP Weekly to see what's next for KSP, other than the DLC. :) 

it'll be:

we released 1.3

works continue on console fix

works continue on the DLC

there, I saved you times

23 minutes ago, genbrien said:

works continue on console fix

works continue on the DLC

This will be every weekly from now until the console version has improved to the point where complaints drop below the threshold for action, after which it will be `works continue on the DLC`.

Called this months ago, before 1.3 was called 1.3.

You watch, there will be no mention of 1.4 in the weeklies...

2 hours ago, John FX said:

This will be every weekly from now until the console version has improved to the point where complaints drop below the threshold for action, after which it will be `works continue on the DLC`.

Hmmm...

There are more then a billion Portugese and French speaking citizens not being 'served' yet.

Sorry that I'm interfering with this holiday of universal happiness and...  the universal fall of prostration in the face of a new update. С'mon... your must be kidding... again..and again... I must wait for mod update for play my old career??? AGAIN???? why???? ONLY for language pack (even for my russian) and minor bug fixing? Not for me! I come back to 1.2.2 in Steam!!!! And wait Until all mods upgrade.......so...... 1.3 is nothing for me... Excuse me for being frank - but  I write what I think ! 

ps: and again i did not find: new planets, new stock star systems, new level graphic arts, game optimization for 1000+ details in craft.... But I must be happy ...? Nope Happiness also is not found... 

pps: but now, haters can burn me...  Proc%C3%A8s-de-Galil%C3%A9e.jpg "And yet it moves!"

3 hours ago, John FX said:

They said in the past they had an internal roadmap and there isn't a wave of departures like after 1.2 so there really shouldn't be a reason to delay telling us what comes next assuming there is something coming next.

4 minutes ago, *MajorTom* said:

Sorry that I'm interfering with this holiday of universal happiness and...  the universal fall of prostration in the face of a new update. С'mon... your must be kidding... again..and again... I must wait for mod update for play my old career??? AGAIN???? why???? ONLY for language pack (even for my russian) and minor bug fixing? Not for me! I come back to 1.2.2 in Steam!!!! And wait Until all mods upgrade.......so...... 1.3 is nothing for me... Excuse me for being frank - but  I write what I think ! 

ps: and again i did not find: new planets, new stock star systems, new level graphic arts, game optimization for 1000+ details in craft.... But I must be happy ...? Nope Happiness also is not found... 

pps: but now, haters can burn me...  Proc%C3%A8s-de-Galil%C3%A9e.jpg "And yet it moves!"

Sad but true.

No "Groot" localization? What kind of an update is this?

But in all seriousness, sounds like a decent update. For those who don't like it, it is sure better than nothing. (Unless you play with mods)

Fire

Edited by Firemetal

8 hours ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

Wake me up when 1.4 comes out.

Im sorry but is it being a troll if I agree with you? Im just not excited about this release either. Back To Arma 3 I go o7

Edited by Redneck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.