colfighter

What does your GameData folder look like?

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm wondering what your GameData folder looks like. For those without mods, all there will be is a "squad" folder. I'm curious about how many mods you guys use. Here's mine:

EDIT: does this go in the modded discussion, or is it good here?

Edited by colfighter

I had like 5 mods, until 1.3 came out.

1 person likes this

Hi  I  suppose to some this looks like a lot of mods, and just on the number of parts involved I suppose it is, in mitigation however it's worth noting that 32 of the folders are my own mods or projects...

Spoiler

hE6RFAR.png

1 person likes this

Here's mine:

o-THE-MATRIX-facebook.jpg

-Jn-

12 people like this

Kerbal Engineer, Hyper Edit, Squad, Scatterer, EVE, Realplume.... thats it.

5 hours ago, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

I had like 5 mods, until 1.3 came out.

LOL!

The ten folders above my GameData folder are all error reports generated after my failed attempts to get my mods to work. But, if you notice, the last one is two hours old. I am only here because it is night time on Minius, and the batteries on my miners died.

34909945285_cf65bfe064.jpg

1 person likes this

I am pretty amazed that I can have this many mods and still have a decent framerate, as I am playing on a laptop.

EydRfjo.png

Posted (edited)

aEeRspc.png

Spoiler

fvRwUw7.png

Edited by Tw1
3 people like this

13 hours ago, JoeNapalm said:

Here's mine:

-Jn-

You just won the internet.

:rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:

Posted (edited)

steve@perdition:~/Games/KSP_linux/GameData$ ls
000_AT_Utils                      KAS                                 NearFutureSpacecraft
000_USITools                      KAX                                 NESDparts
B9PartSwitch                      KeepItStraight                      NodeSplitter
BahaSP                            KerbalHacks                         OrbitalSurveyPlus
BetterTimeWarp                    KerbalJointReinforcement            PlanetShine
Bloody_looser                     KerbNetController                   PortraitStats
BonVoyage                         KIS                                 ProceduralFairings
CoherentContracts                 KramaxAutoPilot                     RCSBuildAid
ColorCodedCans                    KSP-AVC                             RealChute
CommunityCategoryKit              KSPRescuePodFix                     scatterer
CommunityResourcePack             LETech                              ScienceRelay
CommunityTechTree                 MechJeb2                            SensiblePumpsCont
ConfigurableContainers            MemGraph                            SpaceY-Expanded
ContractConfigurator              MiniAVC                             SpaceY-Lifters
ContractPacks                     MiningExpansion                     Squad
DMagicOrbitalScience              MK1CabinHatch                       StageRecovery
DMagicScienceAnimate              Mk1CargoBay                         StationPartsExpansion
EditorExtensionsRedux             Mk2Expansion                        StockVisualEnhancements
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements   Mk3Expansion                        SurfaceLights
ExperimentTracker                 ModRocketSysLite                    TakeCommand
FerramAerospaceResearch           ModularFlightIntegrator             TextureReplacer
FerramAerospaceResearch_1.tar.gz  ModuleManager.2.7.6.dll             Trajectories
FerramAerospaceResearch_2.tar.gz  ModuleManager.ConfigCache           TriggerTech
FerramAerospaceResearch_3.tar.gz  ModuleManager.ConfigSHA             TrimPlus
FerramAerospaceResearch_4.tar.gz  ModuleManager.Physics               UmbraSpaceIndustries
FerramAerospaceResearch.tar.gz    ModuleManager.TechTree              UniversalStorage
Firespitter                       MusicMute                           VanguardTechnologies
FuelTanksPlus                     NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE  VesselMover
GroundConstruction                NearFutureConstruction              WaypointManager
HeatControl                       NearFutureElectrical                WheelSounds
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes            NearFutureProps                     ZZ_Local_MM
InterstellarFuelSwitch            NearFuturePropulsion                ZZZ_stand-up guyised_Mods
JFJohnny5                         NearFutureSolar

Ignore the idiotic profanity filter on the last entry, that this operates in code boxes is properly mind-boggling. Code boxes are supposed to present input verbatim, with no mangling or formatting!

Edited by steve_v

Most aesthetic stuff.

glTClhl.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:54 AM, JoeNapalm said:

Here's mine:

-Jn-

that looks a lot like mine...~120 mods installed, still 1.2.2

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

WMA7vr9.png

that's the furthest I've gotten so far whilst being able to maintain near total stability and performance... load times are between 5 and 10 minutes depending on whether MM can load patches from cache or not (having the console open significantly slows it down, so I just alt+tab and let it run its course, it's a single threaded process anyways, and my 2x6-core hyperthreading CPU can easily do anything else in the meantime)

once all is loaded, the RAM footprint sits in the vicinity of 10GB - which is fine, with a 16GB physical maximum before windows even has to begin paging stuff to "disk" (mind the quotes, there are no moving parts for storage on my PC anymore)... mind that windows always does this anyways, any sections of ram not in frequent use will be paged, unless disabled by rather obscure settings, the kind you might mess up your PC by fiddling with - with an SSD, this is not as noticeable as it was back in the days of mechanical disk drives

also, if you've noticed the "hidden" folders, those are really just a method I was using for identifying problematic mods by removing chunks of troublemaking candidates and visually identifying those who had been already checked, once I found the issue, I just left them as they were, so that's why half of them appear that way - this has no impact in how the game operates, so without such features as "folder tags" on windows, (few gripes with win7 I got) marking a folder as  "hidden" is a decent enough workaround (icons have to be set one at a time, alas - otherwise, they'd work even better)

I've then evolved my maintenance procedures to work around the  concept of a "quarantine folder" - then I can use that to isolate a potential troublesome "chunk" and painstakingly reduce the group to a culprit by a process of trial, error and research (I usually google the current "chunk" for known issues as the game takes its sweet time to load)

lately with this method, I've so far been able to clear out issues that had in the past been causes of "great derps" and could only be resolved by a full mod-hoard reset, which as we all know, is quite a traumatic event - this is my all time record in bulk mod assembly with no cost besides requiring some patience while it loads

Edited by Moach
1 person likes this

I wish all of you with luck and hopes that the kraken leaves you alone.

Too long to show here...

Posted (edited)

In 1.3 just yesterday, I got the mini.dll crash. Too many mods seemed to be the issue.

Removed some mods and was able to play.

Edited by T.A.P.O.R.

Squad

BDArmory

PhysicsRangeExtender (required for BDArmory)

KerbalEngineerRedux (sometimes)

Yesterday, It was pretty insane, but I'm updating to 1.3 so I have like 6 mods now, Near Future Electric/Construction/Solar, Heat control, Kerbal atomics (All by @Nertea and the JX2 antenna.

Still working on it :D

Mine looks like the Gargantua from inside.

(Blackhole from Interstellar)