You know what?!

Matuchkin

I just realised this. Every time I'm on Google Chrome, I automatically click on the search bar and open these forums. All I have to do is type in "f" and the rest is filled in by google. But here's the thing: for the past few weeks, I have been exiting the forum, then reopening it again without thinking, ten seconds later. Wanna go on Google Drive? Finger presses "f" and Enter. Xkcd? "f" and Enter. Any other damn website? Same thing. And the worst part is that I don't even think about it.

Yeah, I'm the same way. Slightly borderlining on obsessive compulsive where I'll hop back and ctrl+r the webpage every couple of seconds.

Both Edge (Windows 10 Internet Explorer) and Firefox have both adapted to it as well. F and enter brings me directly to this forum. 

Granted, my slow computer taking 3-5 minutes to load a new scene is partly the case. 

Like you mentioned, I do it generally within the first few moments of turning on the computer. 

I always have a tab open on mobile with these forums on it. When I do use PC for the forums, I have my bookmarks tab open with an array of saved pages on this forum ready to be double-clicked. I used to use f for Facebook so I never considered trying it for the forums.

I just keep all the websites I want to go to permanently open as tabs in my browser.

*peers at the four different browser windows, sorted by topic, with currently 41 tabs open in total*

...I may have a problem in my own way, though :P

I press K google suggests Kendal, kylie Jenner

Im 36, I hate facebook

I HATE people of "Fame" who have done nothing to earn it

I HATE facebook .. Oh ive already said it.. Still hate it more

I Dont hate a side project of a mexican advertising company that blossomed a seperate game company by the same name, that became Kerbal Space Program

I dont hate that I managed to mod it into my personal land train simulator or that ive got a thread with over 14000 views

On a forum that comes up on google once I type "Kerb..."

That I like

I Like coming here

Its common

I Check it at work

I Dont like the jenners

I DONT like facebook

I like this forum :)

1 minute ago, Matuchkin said:

How? The URL of this website starts with an F.

Well it apperently drops "forum" for some reason. I dont know how but it does that, but it does.

Autocomplete systems for web browsers often don't simply search for "URLs where the address starts with that."  They will also look for matches anywhere within the URL and the page name.

There is a good reason for this behaviour:  It means that, when trying to get to that page you found yesterday, you don't need to remember that it was served specifically from whosit.example.com, you just need to remember that you are looking for a site at example.com or that it was called "The fivefold chakat maneuver."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.