1.3 Changes Not Mentioned in the Notes

I've just started to update one mod, and have already come across stuff which isn't mentioned in the notes.

So, I'm starting this thread to let everyone list their findings:

To start:

EditorPartList.Instance is not instantiated when SceneManager.sceneLoaded calls a function.  you need to move your code into a CoRoutine, and wait until EditorPartList.Instance is not null

Replace Input.GetKey() with ExtendedInput.GetKey when using extended key codes

Edited by linuxgurugamer

When implementing IModuleInfo it is now required to also override a redundant method in PartModule.  Some modules seem to use one while other modules use the other.

Example:

public string GetModuleTitle()
        {
            return "My Module";
        }

public override string GetModuleDisplayName()
        {
            return GetModuleTitle();
        }

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

EditorPartList.Instance is not instantiated when SceneManager.sceneLoaded calls a function.  you need to move your code into a CoRoutine, and wait until EditorPartList.Instance is not null

Just on this one Im feeling a bit dumb. Can confirm that the EditorPartList code had one line added to set a transform, but that's it, no change to orders, etc that I can see. I'd guess that this is simply a timing thing as the Unity sceneLoaded event fires before a lot of stuff is awake/started so it could always have been null in the past too. Or do you mean something else?

Could see about adding a "ready" flag in here too, but it would just be the same as doing a null check really. Anyway, let me know if I missed the point

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

When implementing IModuleInfo it is now required to also override a redundant method in PartModule.  Some modules seem to use one while other modules use the other...

Put the details on this question back in the other thread here, not redundant (I dont think) but for diffn purposes, maybe need to update our notes to make that clearer: 

1 hour ago, TriggerAu said:

Just on this one Im feeling a bit dumb. Can confirm that the EditorPartList code had one line added to set a transform, but that's it, no change to orders, etc that I can see. I'd guess that this is simply a timing thing as the Unity sceneLoaded event fires before a lot of stuff is awake/started so it could always have been null in the past too. Or do you mean something else?

Could see about adding a "ready" flag in here too, but it would just be the same as doing a null check really. Anyway, let me know if I missed the point

Maybe it's a timing thing.  I just remembered that I replaced the depreciated onLevelWasLoaded with what Unity recommended, maybe that's the difference.

Anyway, no need for a flag, I already fixed it with a coroutine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.