How do you edit a BDA configure file

So I can change very basic stuff in BDA but I was wondering how to get it so that a part fires say 8 shots then needs to reaload. The reaload will be it cooling down from over heating but I'm new to configure files and if someone could help I'd really appreciate it.

thanks in advance for your help

Hi depends very much on the gun type you are using, and using heat to simulate reloading when there is already a reloading function seems a bit odd. .but you can get a good idea of the how by studying other cfg's and firing the various weapons, this will help you understand the heat cycle 

. Developments upcoming in BDAc will render your attempts pointless though as burst length ( period of time which the gun is firing) is likely to become a thing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-28 at 2:55 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi depends very much on the gun type you are using, and using heat to simulate reloading when there is already a reloading function seems a bit odd. .but you can get a good idea of the how by studying other cfg's and firing the various weapons, this will help you understand the heat cycle 

. Developments upcoming in BDAc will render your attempts pointless though as burst length ( period of time which the gun is firing) is likely to become a thing.

Im sorry i wasent very clear

what i mean is to have a gun shoot say 8 bullets then have to wait a little while before it can shoot again

The gun im talking about is the 20mm tank turet the luchs or somthing like that

7 minutes ago, Calster804 said:

Im sorry i wasent very clear

what i mean is to have a gun shoot say 8 bullets then have to wait a little while before it can shoot again

The gun im talking about is the 20mm tank turet the luchs or somthing like that

I understand exactly what you want to do, and the only way to do it is by using heat,  by adjusting the amount of heat per shot to a stupid level you can by a process of testing find the heat level that gives you your 8 shots and then a long cool down.

By adjusting these values you can seriously cripple you weapon as you intend

maxHeat = 3600
		heatPerShot = 36
		heatLoss = 1000

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.