Good intel core for lots of mods?

I currently have a intel i5-4460 CPU currently. I can run lots of mods very well, but sometimes when switching scenes, the game might not respond, then come back, and load, within two minutes. The CPU can't really use anything else when KSP is running. (no google chrome, no notepad, etc) The programs will run slow for about 3 minutes, and come back to a regular good FPS. But while that is happening, KSP isn't responding. My CPU usage is about 60-70% when I'm playing KSP, and sometimes a bit more when using other things alongside KSP.

Two questions,

One, is this big enough a issue to replace my CPU?

And if yes, what would be a good i7 core to buy?

Wouldn't have been likely that it was your graphics card either.

Could be a number of 'problems' though, it sounds like you have swapping issues, and that doesn't have to be CPU related.
For one, I read in one of your many 'support questions' lately that you've got 8 GB ram, with a modded install AND the desire to multitask, you're cutting it close. 

Are your Windows power settings in "performance mode" ? If its in 'battery saving' or 'standard mode' It can have a huge performance impact.

2 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

Are your Windows power settings in "performance mode" ? If its in 'battery saving' or 'standard mode' It can have a huge performance impact.

Well, I'm in Dell mode. (I have a dell computer) The description of it says high performance with power saving.

16 hours ago, Quarkz said:

The programs will run slow for about 3 minutes, and come back to a regular good FPS. But while that is happening, KSP isn't responding.

Sounds a lot like paging to me. Check your RAM / pagefile usage when this happens.

5 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Sounds a lot like paging to me. Check your RAM / pagefile usage when this happens.

How do I check how much my VM is being used at a certain time? Task Manager only shows Physical Memory, and the performance monitor only shows Physical Memory as well.

23 minutes ago, Quarkz said:

Well, I'm in Dell mode. (I have a dell computer) The description of it says high performance with power saving.

That's no good, you need to change that, there should be additional one that can be selected, that just says 'performance mode' or 'high performance mode'

To get the actual amount of PageFile usage, open up Performance Monitor (perfmon), and Add Counters (The button with the "+" icon, 8th over, left of the X") -> Paging File -> % Usage and/or % Usage Peak. It's going to be a lot lower than the reserved value displayed in Task Manager... at least if you have any meaningful amount of RAM in your system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.