Duplicate Parts?

Here you go.

11 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I'm not sure, but I think you go to GameData -> Squad, and find the original part files. Then you can just delete them and you'll be left with the much improved (IMO) Part Overhaul parts. :) 

The problem with that solution is that it will mess up both engine upgrades and all contracts involving those parts.

8 hours ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

The problem with that solution is that it will mess up both engine upgrades and all contracts involving those parts.

Am not in front of my KSP computer at the moment so I can't confirm this first-hand, but I believe you can kinda have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too with an alternate solution:  write a ModuleManager patch that re-designates the unwanted parts to a nonexistent parts category.  That way, they still exist in-game and anything that depends on them won't be broken, but you don't have them cluttering up the parts tab in the vehicle editor.

Added bonus is that doing it via ModuleManager means that you're not futzing with the stock game, which means, 1. less chance of messing up your install, and 2. you don't have to re-do your effort all over again each time KSP updates.

Of course, that would require you to either learn the ModuleManager syntax to make that happen, or find some kindly soul who could do it for you.  :wink:

The just delete option doesn't really work for me. While deleting the m1 cockpit and t100-800 fuel tanks worked and broke nothing that I've encountered; the engine file names etc. are very different and harder to differentiate. So for now I'm going with Snarks plan of leaving well enough alone while learning MM syntax. ( I can't possibly screw things up too badly. :cool: )

As always thanks all for the helpful replies.

On 5/29/2017 at 10:33 AM, Snark said:

Am not in front of my KSP computer at the moment so I can't confirm this first-hand, but I believe you can kinda have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too with an alternate solution:  write a ModuleManager patch that re-designates the unwanted parts to a nonexistent parts category.  That way, they still exist in-game and anything that depends on them won't be broken, but you don't have them cluttering up the parts tab in the vehicle editor.

Added bonus is that doing it via ModuleManager means that you're not futzing with the stock game, which means, 1. less chance of messing up your install, and 2. you don't have to re-do your effort all over again each time KSP updates.

Of course, that would require you to either learn the ModuleManager syntax to make that happen, or find some kindly soul who could do it for you.  :wink:

The guide he posted has a patch that does not have that problem.  It removes the parts via MM and then renames the new parts to their old part equivalent, making them backward compatible... but not Stock (i.e. not valid for challenges).  I posted another patch further down in that thread that reverts them to stock, just with new textures.  If you use that patch, they will effectively be stock.

Edited by Alshain

16 hours ago, Alshain said:

The guide he posted has a patch that does not have that problem.  It removes the parts via MM and then renames the new parts to their old part equivalent, making them backward compatible... but not Stock (i.e. not valid for challenges).  I posted another patch further down in that thread that reverts them to stock, just with new textures.  If you use that patch, they will effectively be stock.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks for that but now that I started I'm poophole enough that I have to finish learning the syntax.:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.