KSS Ocean Master

KSS Ocean Master

68ZJ3LM.png

KerbalX .craft download

I've always wanted to circumnavigate Kerbin, but the clumsy-glitchy nature of rover tires has always sort of turned me off to the idea. The KSS Ocean Master was designed to be able to circumnavigate via water, and also to recover crashed down debris. Uniquely included, is a stock recovery crane on the rear of the boat. I've built upon my previous "ball-joint hinge system" to increase reliability and reduce part count. Stage to set the crane onto the boat and use the "Free Pivot" option to give yourself free range of motion to recover debris. Utilize the ore balancing system to pick up heavier debris efficiently. The engine pack on the back can push this boat along at a cruising speed of 38 m/s, and a speedy 48 m/s on afterburners. At cruising speeds you will have 4 hours of fuel, with plenty of room to add more fuel if you'd wish.

**Only 232 parts!**

jpIFZiu.gif

KSS Ocean Master also has the equipment to act as a mobile Relay Station that can go anywhere on Kerbin, though admittedly I have not tested to see if it actually works that way!

xyV5he1.gif

As far as boats in KSP go, KSS Ocean Master is extremely reliable and capable of full speed FULL time warp turning. You will need SAS activated to maintain correct roll orientation, however.

GSxKjQ5.png

Controls:

1. Main engine Toggle

2. Main engine Afterburners

3. Toggle left turn engine (for turning while stationary)

4. Toggle right turn engine ""    ""

5. Toggle Reverse Engine

t7UYJWn.png

Edited by Krog34

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.