{COMPLETE} Eeloo Mothership Mission (My first Eeloo mission!)

So, on May 28 (yesterday for me right now) I realized two things:

1. I've never been to Eeloo. Eeloo is the only body in the game I've never gone to and returned from (and, yes, I've been to Eve and back).

2. I haven't uploaded anything to YouTube in four months.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

The first of a 3-ish part series. All feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

Edited by Ultimate Steve

On Mon May 29 2017 at 10:30 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

So, on May 28 (yesterday for me right now) I realized two things:

1. I've never been to Eeloo. Eeloo is the only body in the game I've never gone to and returned from (and, yes, I've been to Eve and back).

2. I haven't uploaded anything to YouTube in four months.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

The first of a 3-ish part series. All feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

thanks for the entertaining visual mission report. i have to ask you one question: why did you cut the mothership in so many parts before sending it into orbit? would it be easier to do it in 2 flights? why did you choose for so many separate flights? 

Well, @xendelaar, truth be told, it would have been more efficient to do it in two launches. However, I was sort of making the mission up as I went along, and I found it more enjoyable to do many launches. I enjoy building tiny lifters sometimes. Glad you enjoyed!

Also, part 3 coming when I get back from vacation.

36 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

and I found it more enjoyable to do many launches. I enjoy building tiny lifters sometimes. Glad you enjoyed!

Also, part 3 coming when I get back from vacation.

that's a very good reason indeed ultimate Steve!:)

have a great time with your holidays. I'm looking forward to the third part of your mission

11 hours ago, NotAgain said:

Crikey, that last bit had my heart in my mouth. i didn't realise I was so invested in the success of your mission!

same here! i was on the edge of my seat and didn't even know it was possible to land with a jet pack on Kerbin.

I'm glad the crew survived. why did you bring a crapload of scientific stuff along when you're playing sandbox mode? :cool: because you can?  

11 hours ago, xendelaar said:

didn't even know it was possible to land with a jet pack on Kerbin.

I once had a kraken attack on EVA in orbit of Kerbin, which cancelled all of Pepe Kerman's horizontal velocity, and he fell from 94km. After that little incident, I downloaded an EVA parachutes mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.