[1.8.x] DMagic's Basic Mods - Basic Orbit 9.0 Basic DeltaV 6.0 [11-2-2019]

DMagic

Yeah, i ended up getting to the action group conclusion on my own. I was using the docking port on the command module as a decoupler in staging (just to jettison in a normal flight), but switched to action groups for it, and removed staging on it. 

I am still having trouble getting panels to show up for subassemblies. I built my munar excursion module in a new file, and made the root part be the docking port on the top. I made a subassembly out of it, and attached it to the engine of my service module. I set the docking port to stage with the fairings. Neither of the two stages in my MEM show panels.

Edited by Errol

• 2 weeks later...

@DMagic  I love your Maneuver Node Evolved, it's such a clean implementation.  However, I have found an issue.  If you switch vessels from map view with Node Snap open (possibly the other one too) it becomes orphaned and can't be closed.  It persists even out of Map View. EDIT: and on into the space center apparently.  EDIT 2: And... forever.  (I think I'm finding this bug far too funny)  Here's hoping it goes away when I kill the game.

Also, a feature request.  With normal tweakable windows, they close if you right click in open space.  It would be nice if these did the same.m

Edited by Alshain

2 hours ago, Alshain said:

@DMagic  I love your Maneuver Node Evolved, it's such a clean implementation.  However, I have found an issue.  If you switch vessels from map view with Node Snap open (possibly the other one too) it becomes orphaned and can't be closed.  It persists even out of Map View. EDIT: and on into the space center apparently.  EDIT 2: And... forever.  (I think I'm finding this bug far too funny)  Here's hoping it goes away when I kill the game.

Also, a feature request.  With normal tweakable windows, they close if you right click in open space.  It would be nice if these did the same.m

There is an option in the settings window to make the windows close if you right click when the pin is turned off.

And I guess I'll need some more robust methods to make sure that orphaned windows don't stick around.

Also, for now, you can disable the "Pinned Windows Open In Flight View" option and the windows should go away when changing scenes.

Edited by DMagic

@Kerbal101 Do you mean time to equatorial ascending and descending nodes? I never thought to add those since KSP never really does anything with them. For the target nodes that information is there, it only shows the time until the next node, though.

The staging windows get rebuilt whenever something changes, which causes them to flicker. I'm not sure why just mousing over the buttons would do anything, but then again, the staging system is complex so it's not that surprising.

@DMagic Yes! Actually it does, if KSP gives a mission to position a satellite, then it shows DN/AN nodes. However since the current planet can't be targeted its possible only to orient the craft against another craft (via target), but never against planet.

Here is the picture from KER:

85PC6M7.png

@Kerbal101 So it does. I'll update Basic Orbit with a time to equatorial node readout (just for the next node, like the target relative node readout), along with some changes to the UI to match Basic DeltaV a little better, and using some, ahem, borrowed code from @Diazo's Landing Height to show a more accurate radar altitude value.

13 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

@DMagic Yes! Actually it does, if KSP gives a mission to position a satellite, then it shows DN/AN nodes. However since the current planet can't be targeted its possible only to orient the craft against another craft (via target), but never against planet.

Every sat mission I've gotten showed what the orbit should be. So I just adjust the orbit to match.

New updates for Basic Orbit and Maneuver Node Evolved are available.

Maneuver Node Evolved has fixes for errors that prevent the windows from closing in some cases, and selecting points of interest when creating new maneuver nodes using a localized version of KSP.

Basic Orbit has a few new readout modules, one for the current vessel name, another for the time to the next equatorial crossing node (this is off by default and also turns off when in a very nearly equatorial or retrograde equatorial orbit - <0.0001o). The radar altitude readout module now uses a version of the method used in Diazo's Landing Height mod to show the altitude for the lowest part of the vessel above the terrain.

It also has some updates to the UI to better match the styling for Basic DeltaV. It improves handling of target vessels with very long names, and properly indicates when a docking node is selected on the target vessel. It also fixes a bug in loading the readout panel UI scale.

really nice little mods.

one thing bugs me about basic orbit: the target panel shows relative inclination with respect to yours, but the maneuver panel shows absolute inclination, which means I have to subtract my current inclination to compare them. I would suggest showing the relative inclination of the maneuver in parentheses next to the absolute one. this would be very convenient for lining up orbital planes.

2 hours ago, DMagic said:

@Lobotomic There are three different mods in this thread, which one doesn't work?

sorry, maneuver node evolved 

I installed it correctly (D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData...). 
Installation of KSP without mods. 
But the mod does not work, when you hover the cursor, the icon does not light up, and does not respond to hot keys
I do not understand what's wrong

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kosishjxiw9qbte/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Lobotomic
I made a mistake

@Lobotomic Despite what your GameData folder shows, the logs indicate that the mod is not installed. Where did you download it from? Use only the release links provided in the first post, those found directly under the picture for Maneuver Node Evolved, or from the SpaceDock link from the top of the page.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.