How do I upgrade KSP RSS RO RP-0 1.1.3 to 1.2.2?

Right after Christmas 2016, I made one Steam backup and one Windows 10 backup (that one by just copying the KSP folder and moving it into another folder on my desktop), then used the built-in Steam functionality to downgrade my game to 1.1.3 in order to install Real Solar System, Realism Overhaul, Realistic Progression Zero and all of the recommended mods using CKAN. What do I do now that KSP RSS RO RP-0 can be played on 1.1.3? How do I update the game? :huh: 

(I'm new here, so I'm being conservative on the formatting before I can develop a pattern.)

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the whole mod set and a fresh 1.2.2 just a few days ago. CKAN does nearly all the magic...

on my end i have some issues with the new contract system. Two of my contracts were immediately failed but with the 'alt+F12' cheat menu one can compensate the losses. What weighs heavier is that the progress made is not represented in the contracts. I have to do all the first crew, sat, spacestation again,... to get the contract chains going.

@NathanKell gave me the hint in the rp-0 thread to try to use the 0.51 contract folder, but i have to figure out what that means...

On 6/13/2017 at 7:48 PM, NathanKell said:

Install 1.2.2, install RP-0 via CKAN, copy your old save over. Should just work. You'll get the best help if you post on the RP-0 thread itself though! :)

Thanks @NathanKell!

Just one question: Should I uninstall the mods, update the game, then reinstall the mods, or just update the game and use the "Add Available Updates" option on CKAN

I lied about the "one question" bit: I'm planning on using the straight Steam upgrade system to upgrade. I used that last time, without doing any save-copying. Can/should I do it this time?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.