KSP Acquired by Take-Two Interactive

UomoCapra

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

You mean the company that helped pioneer the SNES in the 32bit era and also created several Smash classic hits on the SNES and N64 that still have cult followings even after 20 years?

Those two are not mutually exclusive. Cult following isn't good enough to fund a well sized company.

Edited by Spartwo

Hey guys, at least now we'll never get another passive-aggressive letter from "The Founders". Look on the bright side.

Edited by regex

Just now, Spartwo said:

Those two are not mutually exclusive.

Point being that when they worked on their own, they did fine. Second someone came along to provide "better technology and support" the company nose dived. 

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Point being that when they worked on their own, they did fine. Second someone came along to provide "better technology and support" the company nose dived. 

The company nose dived because they specialized in a genre which died out. Correlation doesn't mean causation.

1 minute ago, Brent Kerman said:

I'm just going to drop this here, and run: This.

See you over on Reddit! Where we have more freedom of speech!

Because there isn't much support for it here? And you posted it on the wrong KSP reddit!

Edited by Spartwo

3 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

lol yeah, let's "boycott" a game we've already bought, good one.

Edited by regex

1 minute ago, Brent Kerman said:

Wow, that may be the least convincing argument I've ever seen on the internet. You don't mention even a single reason anyone should care, or what the consequences might be of either course of action.

Boycotts are for things that an established market buys regularly, like bus rides. I've technically been "boycotting" SQUAD since 2014, since it's been that long since I bought their only product. (Yes, I know, DLC. But you can't even boycott that yet!)

Seeing how Take Two owns Rockstar (GTA) and 2K (Civilization: Beyond Earth), I'd like to see if they produce part skin packs as merchandise for other Take Two games. Kinda like what Minecraft did with Fallout and Magic: The Gathering

4 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

Well that didn't take long. Someone actually wants this?

5 hours ago, EladDv said:

I've heard some stories from devs on how TT work, I wont divulge most of the details but let's just say that funding can be tight, quality is sometimes sacrificed for hitting deadlines and community support is not at the top of their priorities 

So no change then?

4 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

This is a gross overeaction. Squad have told us they will have full control of what content is added to the game, and I actually believe them. Call me naive, but I think now my intial worries have been put aside this won't negatively effect the game. also, may I point out, Squad is a MARKETING COMPANY. Based in Mexico. How many people do you think will not use Squad's service after seeing your post in an english speaking forum?

3 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

It's a boycott. How is that cowardly? It's a common consumer market tactic for something you don't like.

It's not the boycott that's cowardly. It's his drop and run tactics.

Look on the bright side.

They didn't get bought out by EA.  They also didn't get bought out by Microsoft, or NCSoft, or Nexon, or many of the other shady pay-to-win publishers.

Is it good news?  Not particularly.  But it could be worse (far worse).  At least I haven't boycotted Take-Two, and own (and play) a few of their other games (borderlands, civs);  if it were EA or MS, it would earn an instant 'I'm outta here' from me.

1 minute ago, Shadowmage said:

Look on the bright side.

They didn't get bought out by EA.  They also didn't get bought out by Microsoft, or NCSoft, or Nexon, or many of the other shady pay-to-win publishers.

Is it good news?  Not particularly.  But it could be worse (far worse).  At least I haven't boycotted Take-Two, and own (and play) a few of their other games (borderlands, civs);  if it were EA or MS, it would earn an instant 'I'm outta here' from me.

im sorry microsoft doesnt do that (Minecraft, they didnt touch the PC version)

Just now, Shadowmage said:

Is it good news?

Quite frankly it probably is good news. TTI is actually in the business of video games, they're not a marketing-firm-turned-video-game-publisher.

2 minutes ago, kerbinorbiter said:

im sorry microsoft doesnt do that (Minecraft, they didnt touch the PC version)

Microsoft has a bad habit of ruining whatever the claim. If they did buy out Squad I'd be reading KSP's final words.