KSP Acquired by Take-Two Interactive

UomoCapra

5 hours ago, Rosarium said:

WHO WILL FIX THAT???

Is it on the bugtracker? No? Then nobody.

Yes? Is it documented to the fullest, with logs, crafts, and screenshots as per relevancy? You could probably make it happen faster if you provided more information.

Has it already been confirmed and assigned to a dev? That'll tell you who's fixing it.

People are debating whether this is good for the game and all I can do is sit here and think "That girl in the middle looks good". HERP DERP! Whatever is in the future for KSP I am happy with what I payed for so far so even if the game development stops I still get to play the game.

The worst I can imagine with the "DLC v. Modding competition" is a situation like that of Cities: Skylines. And with them, there was a healthy mix of good DLCs (After Dark, Natural disasters, mass transit), traces of their content entering the main game, and a noteworthy modding community (Maps/building assets comparable to planet/part mods). With KSP, I imagine big mods (on the scale of USI Kolonization, To Boldly Go, or KSP Interstellar) being able to become DLC.  However, with more time and skill available to T2 than the mod devs (not to insult Roverdude or anyone), plus access to the full KSP code, any DLC could easily provide much more than even those mods mentioned, including proper integration of certain plugins and continued support (no need to update ModuleManager or Kpernicus with every update, or worry about the mod being discontinued). The community would still have the ability to produce mods such as individual planet/part/visual packs, but the big ones could be done as the new DLCs that add perhaps much more than any one modder could accomplish.

If anything, don't try and panic about potential C&D letters to a modding community much bigger than even GTA, or a modding system already hardened into the game code getting removed.

Also, I could easily see DLC covering areas of the game that people want but that have been off the table for a while now, all without changing anything truly core to the game and without harming craft intersharing by releasing new parts.

For example:

• New Planets and moons (we finally get that second gas giant)
  • Storyline content (either sandbox puzzle-clues leading to some culmination like the original story idea for KSP, or even something more scripted to fit an actual 'campaign'
  • Factions to work with/compete against
  • Some kind of multiplayer support

2 hours ago, mystik said:

People are debating whether this is good for the game and all I can do is sit here and think "That girl in the middle looks good". HERP DERP! Whatever is in the future for KSP I am happy with what I payed for so far so even if the game development stops I still get to play the game.

That's @Badie :D

20 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

That's @Badie :D

Cool. Then I shall rephrase that.

3 hours ago, mystik said:

People are debating whether this is good for the game and all I can do is sit here and think "Badie looks good". HERP DERP! Whatever is in the future for KSP I am happy with what I payed for so far so even if the game development stops I still get to play the game.

4dccc5b9a1428c5cfecfdeb88ff5bdfd.jpg

Edited by mystik
I always mess up my allignments and stuff. TL;DR OCD OMGWTFBBQ

On 5/31/2017 at 7:58 PM, UomoCapra said:

I understand why many of you are concerned, but the whole team believes this is a step in the right direction to bring KSP forward. Take-Two values the creative independence of its collaborators and teams, so we’ll continue to operate autonomously and have total creative control, now with the best tools and complete support from Take-Two to realize our vision. And there are many and substantia benefits with this partnership: We are getting a long term commitment from Take-Two to continue with KSP development, as well as their full support in all kinds of aspects, including but not limited to production support, marketing, development, customer support and QA.

yeah... i can understand now.... but where is Felipe? 

I have to admit there were almost no progress in the game once he left the chair. And pls Fix that damned "Drill-O-Matic" Mining extractor Once for all!!!

38 minutes ago, Rosarium said:

I have to admit there were almost no progress in the game once he left the chair

So you're calling

• the massive optimizations of 1.2
  • a new fuel flow system
  • comm net
  • kerb net
  • localization
  • ambient light adjustment

nothing?

36 minutes ago, Rosarium said:

And pls Fix that damned "Drill-O-Matic" Mining extractor Once for all!!!

Is it reported in the bug tracker yet? If not, it's not getting fixed. http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/issues

25 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

So you're calling

• the massive optimizations of 1.2
  • a new fuel flow system
  • comm net
  • kerb net
  • localization
  • ambient light adjustment

nothing?

Is it reported in the bug tracker yet? If not, it's not getting fixed. http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/issues

I think it is at http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/15410. Is this the bug? Or is it something else you're talking about?

Well thats the end of KSP! The writing has been on the wall since Harvester left. Was a good ride since 2011. Thanks for the multiplayer squad! Cya guys later

Edited by Redneck

On 6/11/2017 at 2:12 PM, DMagic said:

In possibly related news (and late news, due to Squad's apparently contractually obligated lack of communication skills :wink:), KSP doesn't seem to be available from the Squad store anymore.

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspstore/index.php?p=22

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/6gmwfa/ksp_no_longer_available_for_purchase_in_squad/

I knew this was coming. Despite Squad saying I can still get it from their site, I'm worried. (I bought it from Squad store, not 3rd party.) 

Isn't here total drama of GTA V modding and Take Two?

Or was that because GTA V had multiplayer and modding changed stuff in GTA V even when online?

I heard rumors so just asking here.

Hopefully KSP modding will be untouched.

Edited by raxo2222

4 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Isn't here total drama of GTA V modding and Take Two?

Or was that because GTA V had multiplayer and modding changed stuff in GTA V even when online?

I heard rumors so just asking here.

Hopefully KSP modding will be untouched.

There is a whole thread just for discussing GTA Moding concerns and how that may or may not affect KSP:

Spoiler: no one knows anything definitive unless you are willing to take Squad at their word.

So, ive been reading not just here but in other threads and I keep seeing "multiplayer".

IMHO this will never happen in KSP and being honest I cant see a benefit to it.

This is a single player game....always has been. Why I would want to log in on a server and see lots of people doing their own missions escapes me, even if I was invited to dock with them......

....outcomes still the same...KSP is a one person game and thats the way it is...roll on the DLC...single player only please (this forum is my "multiplayer")

5 hours ago, maceemiller said:

So, ive been reading not just here but in other threads and I keep seeing "multiplayer".

IMHO this will never happen in KSP and being honest I cant see a benefit to it.

This is a single player game....always has been. Why I would want to log in on a server and see lots of people doing their own missions escapes me, even if I was invited to dock with them......

....outcomes still the same...KSP is a one person game and thats the way it is...roll on the DLC...single player only please (this forum is my "multiplayer")

But (as T2 may see it) all the moneys from multiplayer!  I'd think that T2 wants to expand the game audience.  So they're probably going to do so by making it more like a space war game, which would include multiplayer for sure.  

4 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

But (as T2 may see it) all the moneys from multiplayer!  I'd think that T2 wants to expand the game audience.  So they're probably going to do so by making it more like a space war game, which would include multiplayer for sure.  

Good God I hope not....

How will modding be affected by this? I know there's the scare with GTA right now, but how will it work if TT decides to release a paid planet pack with another gas giant? Will OPM be sent a C&D letter? This is the most scary thing, to me, is that they might be able to destroy the modding community, not by shutting down mods, but by releasing DLCs that take the mod concepts  and then shutting down all those mods...

2 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

How will modding be affected by this? I know there's the scare with GTA right now, but how will it work if TT decides to release a paid planet pack with another gas giant? Will OPM be sent a C&D letter? This is the most scary thing, to me, is that they might be able to destroy the modding community, not by shutting down mods, but by releasing DLCs that take the mod concepts  and then shutting down all those mods...

But on what grounds would they call for a cease-and-desist? Because Take Two can't stand any competition? Because they want to make money off the player base while strangling the modding community to death?

I don't really think that's going to happen. The case would get laughed out of any court with even a mediocre judge and jury.

Closing up the API to the modding community, on the other hand...

Closing up the API would be possbile but really shortsighted.

It would be most likely that those who mod KSP will simply stay with the latest version of KSP that has an open API and use it for mods. I would guess that the majority of the PC players are using mods and therefore stay with the "older" versions. But when TT wants to release DLC that are only compatible with the newest version of KSP they will most likely get way fewer sells because there are a lot of ppl who want to stay with the old moddable versions.

Ergo, i don't think that the API will be closed.

Edited by Nils277

On 31.5.2017 at 5:40 PM, UomoCapra said:

Yes. We will continue to update the core game and giving it continious support. We are not discarding the possibility of making more free content for the game, as well.

What you may or may not want to do / continue etc isnt up to you anymore tho

KSP was / is nice because of the endless supply of free MODS from very knowledgeable and creative people making it worth wizzing away hours on end with AS WELL as getting KSP on the Radar for big publishers to take note and thus interest in the first place

Talk to Rockstar regarding this ( Rockstar proper, not T2 or 2K)...

Edited by gsc

5 hours ago, gsc said:

What you may or may not want to do / continue etc isnt up to you anymore tho

KSP was / is nice because of the endless supply of free MODS from very knowledgeable and creative people making it worth wizzing away hours on end with AS WELL as getting KSP on the Radar for big publishers to take note and thus interest in the first place

Talk to Rockstar regarding this ( Rockstar proper, not T2 or 2K)...

Rockstar literally has nothing to do related to KSP. Take Two bought the intellectual property of KSP and contracted Squad to continue development. Rockstar is the developer group that makes GTA, which is also owned by Take Two.