Suggestion for coop

I'm sure it's been suggested before! But I'll talk again!
Need a coop! That more than one player can control the same base and the same ship doing different things!
That a player can be taking care of the first stage while the second is taking care of the second and carrying in orbit or both doing things on the same ship! And in a space mission on some planet each one controls a character and does different things, but always free to do anything!
The game is good today! But with coop of form officially without lags and problems would be perfect! Imagine people traveling through space with up to 4 friends can do everything!
I realize that the problem is in the matter of game time! But you have to have a solution to have a good experience with friends! It could be a DLC paid! But it has to be perfect in the coop! Would be ideal!

This game simply is not suited for multiplayer or coop. There are many reasons why it isn't, but, to name a few:

part counts, mod compatibility issues, trolls, computer performance issues, time warp and the list goes on. Frankly there is a mod that kinda does it, some of the time.

@seekerbtk  This has been discussed many many many times.  Most people agree multiplayer would be nice to have and would be happy to discuss it in one of the many threads with you. However it is a very difficult thing to accomplish.  There are a few people who don't agree but they seem to be a minority.  [snip] :wink:

All in all, it's not something likely to happen at this stage, despite the large group that would like to see it, because it would be overwhelmingly difficult to develop at this late stage.  Multiplayer needs to be developed from the beginning, so even though it would be a great concept to add to KSP, it probably won't happen till KSP2.

@Alshain Things like part counts, mod compatibilities, time warp and trolls are things the "we would like mp" camp seem to ignore or not fully appreciate, which isnt to say I know your stance on them, nor will I guess, but until its shown that there is a way to handle them? And I mean handle them in a universally acceptable way, they need constant time in the light. 

No matter a persons stance pro or against MP such issues need to be constantly shown so those who have not seen them in the myriad of threads or considered them get some idea of the not insignificant hurdles such a thing must needs clear, which in KSP most likely shall never clear until as you suggested in an entirely new from code character and line 1 game where its in at start game.

@AlamoVampire  As has been explained to you many times before, all of those issues you listed are issues that can be resolved (except trolls which is a dumb issue to keep bringing up because all games have that problem). You keep bringing these same issues up over and over and over again and then ignore any responses to them and claim the same issues once again.  The only reason it wouldn't be viable is because adding it into a fully developed product is excessively difficult.  It has noting to do with trolls, time warp, part counts or computer performance issues.  Be honest with yourself, you don't want multiplayer so you don't want anyone else to have it either.  It's as simple as that.  There is no reason not to have it except you don't want it so everybody else shouldn't get to have it.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you any further on the same non-issues we have explained.  In fact, you have nothing meaningful to say that I would find interesting to read so you are just going go on my ignore list.  Don't bother replying, or do, I don't care.  I won't see it.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.